Unicode in Pharo1.1

qpogo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unicode in Pharo1.1

solar_sea
Hi,
I also have to write in cyrilic in pharo 1.1 / 1.1.1 and it works.

You have to first update the fonts from system and then set new,
unicode enabled fonts on all the elements. Updating the fonts just
adds them to a list of known fonts, it doesn't make the image to use
them in other words.
Also, with the latest build (4 oct) of CogVM, updating fonts from
system does not work on any system (win,mac,linux) - so use the
standart VM.

Best regards,
Stanislav Paskalev

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:45 PM, qpogo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm a real newbie in Pharo and Smalltalk. I want to type in Cyrillic
> and Hebrew. However I get question marks. I tried to change fonts, but I
> have only to available fonts: * Accuny * Bitmap DejaVu Sans Which don't have
> Unicode glyphs. When I try to update fonts from the system, I don't see any
> result. Thank you. Alex

Re: Unicode in Pharo1.1

qpogo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unicode in Pharo1.1

solar_sea
Hi Alex,

http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download - scroll down to Virtual
Machines and pick the one for your platform.

Best regards,
Stanislav Paskalev

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM, qpogo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Staniskav hi,
>
> Yes I use CogVM. Where do I download standard VM?
>
> Thank you,
> Alex
>

> solar_sea wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I also have to write in cyrilic in pharo 1.1 / 1.1.1 and it works.
>>
>> You have to first update the fonts from system and then set new,
>> unicode enabled fonts on all the elements. Updating the fonts just
>> adds them to a list of known fonts, it doesn't make the image to use
>> them in other words.
>> Also, with the latest build (4 oct) of CogVM, updating fonts from
>> system does not work on any system (win,mac,linux) - so use the
>> standart VM.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Stanislav Paskalev
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:45 PM, qpogo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all, I'm a real newbie in Pharo and Smalltalk. I want to type in
>>> Cyrillic
>>> and Hebrew. However I get question marks. I tried to change fonts, but I
>>> have only to available fonts: * Accuny * Bitmap DejaVu Sans Which don't
>>> have
>>> Unicode glyphs. When I try to update fonts from the system, I don't see
>>> any
>>> result. Thank you. Alex

Re: Unicode in Pharo1.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Stanislav Paskalev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I also have to write in cyrilic in pharo 1.1 / 1.1.1 and it works.

You have to first update the fonts from system and then set new,
unicode enabled fonts on all the elements. Updating the fonts just
adds them to a list of known fonts, it doesn't make the image to use
them in other words.
Also, with the latest build (4 oct) of CogVM, updating fonts from
system does not work on any system (win,mac,linux) - so use the
standart VM.

Maybe we should report this to Eliot?

cheers

mariano