Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Hi all,

in the process of merging the unicode work into the current system I
will upload a bunch of packages to the inbox. The packages will not load
as they are, will need some config maps etc to load it all.

I will let you know when I figured out a way how to load everything :-)

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Michael Rueger wrote:

> I will let you know when I figured out a way how to load everything :-)

OK, for early adopters :-)

in the PharoInbox there are two slices that need to be loaded in order
into a current 10259 image:

SLICE-UnicodeRwrite1-michael_rueger.1
SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2.2.mcm (which is actually a config map).

at least on my Windows system these load and withstand some quick testing.

Please test and let me know if it works on your platform and if not (not
too unlikely ;-) ), which platform you are on and the debug log if possible.

On Linux you need to make sure to run the VM with the UTF-8 options enabled.

Thank you all for testing!

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Stéphane Ducasse
cool I will test that.
I hope that we will not have traffic jam with the closure compiler.

Stef

On Mar 23, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Michael Rueger wrote:
>
>> I will let you know when I figured out a way how to load
>> everything :-)
>
> OK, for early adopters :-)
>
> in the PharoInbox there are two slices that need to be loaded in order
> into a current 10259 image:
>
> SLICE-UnicodeRwrite1-michael_rueger.1
> SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2.2.mcm (which is actually a config map).
>
> at least on my Windows system these load and withstand some quick
> testing.
>
> Please test and let me know if it works on your platform and if not
> (not
> too unlikely ;-) ), which platform you are on and the debug log if
> possible.
>
> On Linux you need to make sure to run the VM with the UTF-8 options
> enabled.
>
> Thank you all for testing!
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode merge

keith1y
Michael Rueger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in the process of merging the unicode work into the current system I
> will upload a bunch of packages to the inbox. The packages will not load
> as they are, will need some config maps etc to load it all.
>
> I will let you know when I figured out a way how to load everything :-)
>
> Michael

atomic loading, just needs one tiny little bug fix (if you arent using
traits)

Keith

Re: Unicode merge

Loaded without problems
after I paste

"Le volcan, qui culmine à 3.108 m, se trouve à 170 km au sud-ouest
d'Anchorage, la plus grande agglomération d'Alaska, dont les habitants
ont jusqu'ici été épargnés par les projections. Les compagnies
aériennes ont été invitées à contourner la zone."
and got

shortcut error. debug?

code is nil in Unicode class>>value:

on mac english keyboard, english OS.
stef

On Mar 23, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in the process of merging the unicode work into the current system I
> will upload a bunch of packages to the inbox. The packages will not
> load
> as they are, will need some config maps etc to load it all.
>
> I will let you know when I figured out a way how to load
> everything :-)
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> Loaded without problems

great :-)

> shortcut error. debug?

Please try again with these updated SLICEs

SLICE-UnicodeRwrite1-michael_rueger.1 (unchanged)
SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2-5.mcm (updated)

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> SLICE-UnicodeRwrite1-michael_rueger.1 (unchanged)
> SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2-5.mcm (updated)

accented characters. Your one-click image worked fine. I launched the
image with:

 squeak -encoding UTF-8 Pharo0.1Core-10259.image

but only *after* having loaded your slices. I'm on Ubuntu Linux 8.10.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Unicode merge

Now I get
MacOsClipboard>>primitiveFailed

        ioReadClipboardData

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Loaded without problems
>
> great :-)
>
>> shortcut error. debug?
>
> Please try again with these updated SLICEs
>
> SLICE-UnicodeRwrite1-michael_rueger.1 (unchanged)
> SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2-5.mcm (updated)
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> Now I get
> MacOsClipboard>>primitiveFailed
>
> ioReadClipboardData

you need the extended clipboard plugin.
It is included in the unicode test app.

We also need to include that in the one-click download.

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Stéphane Ducasse
If you want that I try it tell me where I can find it.
Then another question is
        what is the fallback if people do not have the plugin (I mean
something else than getting a primitive failed).

Stef
On Mar 26, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Now I get
>> MacOsClipboard>>primitiveFailed
>>
>> ioReadClipboardData
>
> you need the extended clipboard plugin.
> It is included in the unicode test app.
>
> We also need to include that in the one-click download.
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> If you want that I try it tell me where I can find it.
> Then another question is
> what is the fallback if people do not have the plugin (I mean
> something else than getting a primitive failed).

You need the plugin as you would need the freetype one. It is mandatory.

http://impara.de/michael/ClipboardExtendedPlugin.bundle.zip

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I will try
now in the goal of minimal core. how that will work?

Stef

On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> If you want that I try it tell me where I can find it.
>> Then another question is
>> what is the fallback if people do not have the plugin (I mean
>> something else than getting a primitive failed).
>
> You need the plugin as you would need the freetype one. It is
> mandatory.
>
> http://impara.de/michael/ClipboardExtendedPlugin.bundle.zip
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> Ok I will try
> now in the goal of minimal core. how that will work?

Depends on how minimal ;-)

In the long (or even mid) term with the plugin the clipboard primtives
could be removed from the VM allowing to ship a version completely
without clipboard support.

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Stéphane Ducasse
I tried and the french copy and paste seems to work

I copied some text for the wikipedia page.

search · suchen · rechercher · szukaj · 検索 · ricerca · zoeken
· busca · buscar · поиск · sök · 搜索 · søk · haku ·
cerca · пошук · ara · căutare · hledání · keresés · suk
· serĉu · hľadať · søg ·

Français
L’encyclopédie libre
774 000+ articles

Català · Česky · Dansk · Deutsch · English · Español ·
Esperanto · Français · Bahasa Indonesia · Italiano · Magyar ·
Nederlands · 日本語 · Norsk (bokmål) · Polski · Português ·
Русский · Română · Slovenčina · Suomi · Svenska ·
Türkçe · Українська · Volapük · 中文

So I imagine that I will certainly do a couple of release in parallel
to the closure code.

Stef

On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Ok I will try
>> now in the goal of minimal core. how that will work?
>
> Depends on how minimal ;-)
>
> In the long (or even mid) term with the plugin the clipboard primtives
> could be removed from the VM allowing to ship a version completely
> without clipboard support.
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Michael Rueger-6
Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> SLICE-UnicodeRwrite1-michael_rueger.1 (unchanged)
>> SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2-5.mcm (updated)

> accented characters. Your one-click image worked fine. I launched the
> image with:
>
>  squeak -encoding UTF-8 Pharo0.1Core-10259.image
>
> but only *after* having loaded your slices. I'm on Ubuntu Linux 8.10.

OK, fixed in Morphic-michael_rueger.291 and also incorporated into
SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2-6.mcm.

Michael

Re: Unicode merge

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK, fixed in Morphic-michael_rueger.291 and also incorporated into
> SLICE-UnicodeRewrite2-6.mcm.

Seems to work well, thank you.