Unicode test II

12

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   So I loaded the good old FontForJapaneseEnvironment.sar and the
> latter case it does display characters properly.

do you have that anywhere available so I can check out what code it changes?

Thanks for debugging!

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:24:48 -0800,
Michael Rueger wrote:

> Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>
> >   So I loaded the good old FontForJapaneseEnvironment.sar and the
> > latter case it does display characters properly.
>
> do you have that anywhere available so I can check out what code it changes?

available at:

http://metatoys.org/pub/FontJapaneseEnvironment.sar

It is basically an equivalent of:

http://map.squeak.org/package/5279e9cb-1a06-4ddb-8eca-48ca954790d3

("Japanese Environment Installer")

-- Yoshiki

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>      > It doesn't work for me. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 with latin american
>      > distribution. I am trying yo type "é", "ú", and so on, but with
>     no luck.
>      >
>      > The problem is: I open a workspace. I type "á" and works fine. I
>     try to
>      > type "á" again and I have this error: "'subscript is out of
>     bounds: -60'"
>      >
>      > It is very strange because only the first time work.

I can't reproduce that problem (ubuntu 8 under virtual box, keyboard
layout set to latin american default).
Could you check if there is SqueakDebug.log file I could look at?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Igor Stasenko
2009/3/5 Michael Rueger <[hidden email]>:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>      > It doesn't work for me. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 with latin american
>>      > distribution. I am trying yo type "é", "ú", and so on, but with
>>     no luck.
>>      >
>>      > The problem is: I open a workspace. I type "á" and works fine. I
>>     try to
>>      > type "á" again and I have this error: "'subscript is out of
>>     bounds: -60'"
>>      >
>>      > It is very strange because only the first time work.
>
> I can't reproduce that problem (ubuntu 8 under virtual box, keyboard
> layout set to latin american default).
> Could you check if there is SqueakDebug.log file I could look at?

i still can send you an image :)

> Thanks
> Michael

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Unicode test II

Mariano Martinez Peck
I send you the wallback:

Thanks in advance,

Mariano

VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Pharo0.1 [Latest update: #10202]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /home/mariano/squeak/imagenes/unicode-test.app/Contents/Resources
Trusted Dir /home/mariano/squeak/imagenes/unicode-test.app/Contents/Resources/secure
Untrusted Dir /home/mariano/squeak/imagenes/unicode-test.app/Contents/Resources/My Squeak

Array(Object)>>error:
    Receiver: #(Character value: 0 Character home Character value: 2 Character enter Character end Chara...etc...
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        aString:     'subscript is out of bounds: -60'
    Receiver's instance variables:
#(Character value: 0 Character home Character value: 2 Character enter Character end Chara...etc...

Array(Object)>>errorSubscriptBounds:
    Receiver: #(Character value: 0 Character home Character value: 2 Character enter Character end Chara...etc...
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        index:     -60
    Receiver's instance variables:
#(Character value: 0 Character home Character value: 2 Character enter Character end Chara...etc...

Array(Object)>>at:
    Receiver: #(Character value: 0 Character home Character value: 2 Character enter Character end Chara...etc...
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        index:     -60
    Receiver's instance variables:
#(Character value: 0 Character home Character value: 2 Character enter Character end Chara...etc...

Character class>>value:
    Receiver: Character
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        anInteger:     -61
    Receiver's instance variables:
        superclass:     Magnitude
        methodDict:     a MethodDictionary(#<->a CompiledMethod (3127) #=->a CompiledMethod...etc...
        format:     132
        instanceVariables:     #('value')
        organization:     ('*packageinfo-base' escapeEntities)
('accessing' asciiValue char...etc...
        subclasses:     nil
        name:     #Character
        classPool:     a Dictionary(#CharacterTable->#(Character value: 0 Character home Ch...etc...
        sharedPools:     nil
        environment:     Smalltalk
        category:     #'Collections-Strings'
        traitComposition:     nil
        localSelectors:     nil

--- The full stack ---
Array(Object)>>error:
Array(Object)>>errorSubscriptBounds:
Array(Object)>>at:
Character class>>value:
SmallInteger(Integer)>>asCharacter
TextMorphEditor>>dispatchOnKeyEvent:with:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>keystroke:
TextMorphEditor>>keystroke:
[] in TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke: {[editor keystroke: evt]}
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleInteraction:
TextMorphForEditView>>handleInteraction:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleKeystroke:
KeyboardEvent>>sentTo:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.  ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendKeyboardEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h processEvents.  ActiveHand := nil]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess {[[World doOneCycle.  Processor yield.  false] whileFalse.  nil]}
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess {[self value.  Processor terminateActive]}

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>      > It doesn't work for me. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 with latin american
>      > distribution. I am trying yo type "é", "ú", and so on, but with
>     no luck.
>      >
>      > The problem is: I open a workspace. I type "á" and works fine. I
>     try to
>      > type "á" again and I have this error: "'subscript is out of
>     bounds: -60'"
>      >
>      > It is very strange because only the first time work.

I can't reproduce that problem (ubuntu 8 under virtual box, keyboard
layout set to latin american default).
Could you check if there is SqueakDebug.log file I could look at?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> I send you the wallback:

Great, thanks!
That will definitely help

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> I send you the wallback:

> Character class>>value:
>     Receiver: Character
>     Arguments and temporary variables:
>         anInteger:     -61

OK, that can't work...

> TextMorphEditor>>dispatchOnKeyEvent:with:
> TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>keystroke:

Could you tell me the inst var values of the key event passed here?

Especially interesting are
keyValue charCode scanCode

No idea yet why that value is negative...

Thanks

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Mariano Martinez Peck
keyValue: -61
charCode: 225
scanCode: -61

greetings,

Mariano

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> I send you the wallback:

> Character class>>value:
>     Receiver: Character
>     Arguments and temporary variables:
>         anInteger:     -61

OK, that can't work...

> TextMorphEditor>>dispatchOnKeyEvent:with:
> TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>keystroke:

Could you tell me the inst var values of the key event passed here?

Especially interesting are
keyValue charCode scanCode

No idea yet why that value is negative...

Thanks

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> keyValue: -61
> charCode: 225
> scanCode: -61

Thanks!

OK, no idea (yet) how these values happen, but could you be so kind to
file in the attached change and see if that works?

Thanks

Michael

TextMorphEditor-dispatchOnKeyEventwith.st.gz (488 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Unicode test II

johnmci
-61 mmm
0xFFFFFFC3  ?

mmmm

int utf32Code; /* UTF-32 unicode value */

mmmm

does anyone consider the data coming back could be a 32bit value that
is unsigned?

mmmm
value = positive32BitIntegerFor(value);

oh details details...

oh wait look we ask if the value is an integervalue, aka a
SmallInteger, if it is then we pass it up, if it's not a SmallInteger,
thus a Large Integer, we decide to pass it up as a Positive 32bit
value.

Ergo if the value was  0xFFFFFFC3   why then it would flow up as a
negative SmallIInteger, like -61, then twist the mind of Michael?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>> I send you the wallback:
>
>> Character class>>value:
>>     Receiver: Character
>>     Arguments and temporary variables:
>>         anInteger:     -61
>
> OK, that can't work...
>
>> TextMorphEditor>>dispatchOnKeyEvent:with:
>> TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>keystroke:
>
> Could you tell me the inst var values of the key event passed here?
>
> Especially interesting are
> keyValue charCode scanCode
>
> No idea yet why that value is negative...
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
John McIntosh wrote:
> -61 mmm

> Ergo if the value was  0xFFFFFFC3   why then it would flow up as a
> negative SmallIInteger, like -61, then twist the mind of Michael?

This is on Linux, if that makes a difference.
Question is why that hasn't happened before.
Could be the changes I made for dealing with the key scancode on
Windows, thinking about it.

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
keyValue: -61
charCode: 225
scanCode: -61

Thanks!

OK, no idea (yet) how these values happen, but could you be so kind to file in the attached change and see if that works?

No  :(  Still having the same error. Any idea? let me know how can I help.

Cheers,

Mariano

Thanks

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> No  :(  Still having the same error. Any idea? let me know how can I help.

OK, here's an additional patch (attached).

Thanks for testing!

Michael

ParagraphEditor-dispatchOnKeyEventwith.st.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:50:47 -0800,
> Michael Rueger wrote:
>> Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>>
>>>   On Windows Vista in Japanese, the system seems to get the unicode
>>> values from keyboard but doesn't display them correctly.  For short
>> Any idea why? I'm pretty sure I'm going through the correct process for
>> the leading char. Is there any glyph translation needed for the
>> rendering or the font import?
>
>   - The char typed into the workspace doesn't have the leading char.
Could you try if the attached patch fixes this?

Thanks!

Michael

KeyboardEvent-keyCharacter.st.gz (340 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Unicode test II

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:24:39 -0700,
Michael Rueger wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
> Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> > At Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:50:47 -0800,
> > Michael Rueger wrote:

> >> Any idea why? I'm pretty sure I'm going through the correct process for
> >> the leading char. Is there any glyph translation needed for the
> >> rendering or the font import?
> >
> >   - The char typed into the workspace doesn't have the leading char.
>
> Could you try if the attached patch fixes this?

  If I manually call #determineCurrentLocale manually to set
CurrentPlatform, its locale becomes ja-JP but knownEnvironments only
contains key for "ja" and couldn't find it.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Sorry for the bad news. But still doesn't work. The first time I type
> "á" when I open the image, works perfect. But after that, every time I
> type that, I have the detailed wallback.

Hmm, if I could only reproduce it here...
You said you are using the latin american keyboard. When you type á, do
you first hit ' and then a?

Thanks for testing, I just hope I can figure this out...

Michael

Re: Unicode test II

Michael Rueger-6
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   If I manually call #determineCurrentLocale manually to set
> CurrentPlatform, its locale becomes ja-JP but knownEnvironments only
> contains key for "ja" and couldn't find it.

Please try the attached patch.

Thanks!

Michael

LanguageEnvironment class-localeID.st.gz (364 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Unicode test II

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Sorry for the bad news. But still doesn't work. The first time I type
> "á" when I open the image, works perfect. But after that, every time I
> type that, I have the detailed wallback.

Hmm, if I could only reproduce it here...

You said you are using the latin american keyboard. When you type á, do
you first hit ' and then a?

Actually I type the key that has these three keys: "`", "[" and "^" and then "a".

Thanks for testing, I just hope I can figure this out...

No problem at all. I hope to help with my testing.

Michael

12