Unicode

Bob Williams
It would seem that the infrastructure for Unicode is in place, but there seems no apparent way to load Unicode fonts. The code example for loading TrueType does not work. Can some one point me to documentation on how to load Unicode?

Thanks.

Bob williams

Re: Unicode

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Bob,

If you enable TrueType in the System Settings and then select Arial Unicode MS as font you get a very wide set. This works for me on Mac OS X. I guess you could try to find, install and load any font with a large Unicode coverage.

What we lack today is a mechanism for transparently and automatically substituting unavailable glyphs from one font with another one where they are available. That would be nice.

Sven