Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Uninstall (specific) older versions ?

jtuchel
I wonder if there is a safe way to uninstall older VAST versions.
I have installed 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1 and now 9.2.2. Since we will simply skip 9.2.1 and directly migrate to 9.2.2 , I'd like to uninstall it from both our Windows and Linux machines, of course without breaking environments and stuff... I didn't find anything in the docs...

Joachim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/abe8abe5-5847-47f1-8533-a5c7c44a7e0bn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Uninstall (specific) older versions ?

Bob Brodd
HI Joachim,
Beginning with 9.0, VAST installations have been designed to be independent of one another, so you can install/uninstall any of those versions without
effecting other existing installations.  

Though Environments will continue to operate, you should clean up (delete) any existing environments you have defined that are attached to the installation you are removing, and then remove the (9.2.1) installation from Environments as well.  You can remove the installation using the "View/Edit Registered VA Smalltalk Installations" button (third button over at top of main Environments window).  Note that Environments will not let you remove an installation that still has one or more environments attached to it.
Thanks,
Bob 

On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 2:32:51 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
I have installed 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1 and now 9.2.2. Since we will simply skip 9.2.1 and directly migrate to 9.2.2 , I'd like to uninstall it from both our Windows and Linux machines, of course without breaking environments and stuff... I didn't find anything in the docs...

Joachim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/c8800f8e-c279-46ce-b49a-d4399183e6b3n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

jtuchel
Bob,

thanks. I would've looked for some kind of uninstall.exe if I hadn't gotten your response.
Thanks for  hinting at Environments. I'll give it a try in a quiet minute...

Joachim

Bob Brodd schrieb am Freitag, 17. Juli 2020 um 17:38:19 UTC+2:
HI Joachim,
Beginning with 9.0, VAST installations have been designed to be independent of one another, so you can install/uninstall any of those versions without

Though Environments will continue to operate, you should clean up (delete) any existing environments you have defined that are attached to the installation you are removing, and then remove the (9.2.1) installation from Environments as well.  You can remove the installation using the "View/Edit Registered VA Smalltalk Installations" button (third button over at top of main Environments window).  Note that Environments will not let you remove an installation that still has one or more environments attached to it.
Thanks,
Bob 

Joachim

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/0b3788df-655a-4786-9fe5-9bef1a2fa51dn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

jtuchel
Bob,

worked like a charm, thanks!

Joachim Tuchel schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 09:00:35 UTC+2:
Bob,

thanks. I would've looked for some kind of uninstall.exe if I hadn't gotten your response.
Thanks for  hinting at Environments. I'll give it a try in a quiet minute...

Joachim

Bob Brodd schrieb am Freitag, 17. Juli 2020 um 17:38:19 UTC+2:
HI Joachim,

Thanks,
Bob 

Joachim

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/b51ba2d6-8e6c-43f1-9a80-afdc09aec644n%40googlegroups.com.