Uninstall (specific) older versions ?

jtuchel
I wonder if there is a safe way to uninstall older VAST versions.
I have installed 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1 and now 9.2.2. Since we will simply skip 9.2.1 and directly migrate to 9.2.2 , I'd like to uninstall it from both our Windows and Linux machines, of course without breaking environments and stuff... I didn't find anything in the docs...

Joachim

Re: Uninstall (specific) older versions ?

Bob Brodd
HI Joachim,
Beginning with 9.0, VAST installations have been designed to be independent of one another, so you can install/uninstall any of those versions without
effecting other existing installations.

Though Environments will continue to operate, you should clean up (delete) any existing environments you have defined that are attached to the installation you are removing, and then remove the (9.2.1) installation from Environments as well.  You can remove the installation using the "View/Edit Registered VA Smalltalk Installations" button (third button over at top of main Environments window).  Note that Environments will not let you remove an installation that still has one or more environments attached to it.
Thanks,
Bob

On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 2:32:51 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
I wonder if there is a safe way to uninstall older VAST versions.
I have installed 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1 and now 9.2.2. Since we will simply skip 9.2.1 and directly migrate to 9.2.2 , I'd like to uninstall it from both our Windows and Linux machines, of course without breaking environments and stuff... I didn't find anything in the docs...

Joachim

Re: Uninstall (specific) older versions ?

jtuchel
Bob,

thanks. I would've looked for some kind of uninstall.exe if I hadn't gotten your response.
Thanks for  hinting at Environments. I'll give it a try in a quiet minute...

Joachim

Bob Brodd schrieb am Freitag, 17. Juli 2020 um 17:38:19 UTC+2:
[...]

worked like a charm, thanks!