Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

PabloEstefo
Hi there,

I'd like some help getting Roassal-Layout.st [0] compiled.
When I do it, i get this error:

And I don't really get it :/

To reproduce it you just need: Roasal-Core.st [1] and Roassal-Layout.st [0].
As you should see another email on the list referring an error when compiling Roassal-Core.st, i'm attaching a fixed version.

Thanks,
Pablo

Re: Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

Herby Vojčík
Hi,

I'd say it is ifNotNil: and a block with argument.
It is an error. Blocks that are inlined (not that I agree, just saying),
like ones in ifTrue:, ifFalse:, ifNil: and ifNotNil: cannot have arguments.

Herby

Pablo Estefó wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like some help getting Roassal-Layout.st [0] compiled.
> When I do it, i get this error:
> http://pastebin.com/mJGySQ3D
>
> And I don't really get it :/
>
> To reproduce it you just need: Roasal-Core.st [1] and Roassal-Layout.st
> [0].
> As you should see another email on the list referring an error when
> compiling Roassal-Core.st, i'm attaching a fixed version.
>
> Thanks,
> Pablo
>

> [0] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1573200/roassal-layout-error/Roassal-Layout.st
> [1] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1573200/roassal-layout-error/Roassal-Core.st

Re: Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

Nicolas Petton
Indeed, #ifNil: and co don't take arguments currently in Amber.

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

On Mar 20, 2013, at 1:52 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> #ifNil: and co don't take arguments

I meant block argument of course :)

Re: Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

Nicolas Petton

On Mar 19, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Blocks that are inlined (not that I agree, just saying),

It should be fairly easy to add it to the inliner as well as the normal version.
We already have the receiver aliased. All we have to do is make sure that #ifTrue:, etc. blocks do no not take the receiver as argument.

I'll take a look tomorrow :)

Nico

Re: Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

Herby Vojčík
Well, ifNotNil: with argument would be handy, thanks.

Nicolas Petton wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Herby Vojčík<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>>   Blocks that are inlined (not that I agree, just saying),
>
> It should be fairly easy to add it to the inliner as well as the normal version.
> We already have the receiver aliased. All we have to do is make sure that #ifTrue:, etc. blocks do no not take the receiver as argument.
>
> I'll take a look tomorrow :)
>
> Nico

Re: Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

Nicolas Petton
I pushed a fix in master :)

Nico

On Mar 20, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, ifNotNil: with argument would be handy, thanks.
>
> Nicolas Petton wrote:
>> On Mar 19, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Herby Vojčík<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>>  Blocks that are inlined (not that I agree, just saying),
>>
>> It should be fairly easy to add it to the inliner as well as the normal version.
>> We already have the receiver aliased. All we have to do is make sure that #ifTrue:, etc. blocks do no not take the receiver as argument.
>>
>> I'll take a look tomorrow :)
>>
>> Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Unknown error when compiling Roassal-Layout

PabloEstefo
I've just noticed it!

Thanks! :D