Unload environments from 4.5

Herbert König
Hi,

I wanted to try Environments from 4.5 to see if this makes project save
work again.

I got the attached MNU.

Is this futile as Environments are entangled very deep in the guts of
Squeak or are Environments intended to be unloadable?

Cheers

Herbert

MessageNotUnderstood.gif (28K) Download Attachment
SqueakDebug.zip (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Unload environments from 4.5

Herbert König
...I wanted to try to unload Environments .......

too quick on the send button.

Herbert
Am 24.04.2014 22:43, schrieb Herbert König:
Hi,

I wanted to try Environments from 4.5 to see if this makes project save work again.

I got the attached MNU.

Is this futile as Environments are entangled very deep in the guts of Squeak or are Environments intended to be unloadable?

Cheers

Herbert

Re: Unload environments from 4.5

Colin Putney-3

On 24 Apr, 2014 at 3:42:48 PM, Herbert König ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Is this futile as Environments are entangled very deep in the guts of
> Squeak or are Environments intended to be unloadable?

Environments are entangled deeply into the guts of Squeak, so unloading won’t be possible.

That said, we ought to be able to do a short-term bug fix to get projects working again.

Colin

Re: Unload environments from 4.5

Hannes Hirzel
And that short-term bug fix might even be a reason for a 4.5.1 release....
In case that is not too much effort for Chris.

--Hannes

On 4/24/14, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24 Apr, 2014 at 3:42:48 PM, Herbert König ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
>> Is this futile as Environments are entangled very deep in the guts of
>> Squeak or are Environments intended to be unloadable?
>
> Environments are entangled deeply into the guts of Squeak, so unloading
> won’t be possible.
>
> That said, we ought to be able to do a short-term bug fix to get projects
> working again.
>
> Colin

Re: Unload environments from 4.5

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] Unload environments from 4.5

On 4/24/14, 5:44 PM, "Herbert König" <[hidden email]> wrote:

  ...I wanted to try to unload Environments .......

 too quick on the send button.

 Herbert

Am 24.04.2014 22:43, schrieb Herbert König:

Hi,

 I wanted to try Environments from 4.5 to see if this makes project save work again.

 I got the attached MNU.

 Is this futile as Environments are entangled very deep in the guts of Squeak or are Environments intended to be unloadable?

 Cheers

 Herbert

You can do it, but ends in a fork you must polish at your risk.
Here my last SqueakRosCore4dot5-12565 Monticello package list

Balloon (nice.21)
* Collections (bf.512)
CommandLine ()
Compiler (eem.262)