Unloading oCompletion to use eCompletion

1 message Options

Unloading oCompletion to use eCompletion

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Guys - I tried using Lucas' hudson build of the seaside image which
has eCompletion enabled in it by default - and I have to say I found
it much snappier and it just seems to work better somehow (take this
with a pinch of salt - as a Dolphin user I find so many things strange
in Pharo - but I keep plugging away trying to convert myself to a
place where I feel comfortable).

However I do like the MercuryPanel in the standard Pharo/Seaside image
- and as I don't know/understand what gets loaded into each image, I
thought I would try just unloading oCompletion and loading in
eCompletion in the standar seaside 3.0RC image instead.

Anyway - I get an error when I do this (things are registered to
receive events, and then when they start to unload things aren't there
to receive the events and so you get a walkback). I logged a bug
report for this - but did eventually manage to unload oCompletion
manually. However when I then loaded eCompletion it seemed that
certain classes weren't being picked up, so I had to resave a few
methods in the debugger to get it going (is there a way to just
refresh an image to make sure all classes are up to date?). Is there
an easier way to load/unload oCompletion and eCompletion?

Tim