Unlock Dolphin 4 VE with a Dolphin 4 PRO unlock key

Unlock Dolphin 4 VE with a Dolphin 4 PRO unlock key

Ted Bracht-2
Hi,

I seem to recall that if you've got a D4PRO licence, that you can use
that same key to install and unlock the D4VE and D4SE. However, when I
try it, it fails. When I try to unlock a PRO image I have no problems.
Do I need to use a different key, should I have a different key?

Thanks,

Ted

Re: Unlock Dolphin 4 VE with a Dolphin 4 PRO unlock key

Andy Bower
Ted,

> I seem to recall that if you've got a D4PRO licence, that you can use
> that same key to install and unlock the D4VE and D4SE. However, when I
> try it, it fails. When I try to unlock a PRO image I have no problems.
> Do I need to use a different key, should I have a different key?

Well actually it was the other way round. You used to be able to unlock the
DPro and DSE downloads with a DVE key and end up with an image with only the
DVE bits included. Anyway, for a reason that I can't now remember (but it
was important, honest) we removed this ability. Now you can only unlock the
product download that you have an exact serial number for.

Best Regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com/Support.htm