Unresponsive/frozen Gui

Andrei Stebakov
I experience that issue once in a while when I leave the pharo 6.1 on windows and when I come back to it the UI is frozen.
Now I download pharo with moose image and it started to happen again (BTW I couldn't install Moose in my pharo 6.1 using Metacello command)
I wonder if it's something that happens to many users and I have to get used to it (ui freezes) or there ways to avoid it.
Again, maybe it's a windows specific problem and most of the pharo users are either on Mac or Linux.

Re: Unresponsive/frozen Gui

Stephane Ducasse-3
The problem I got with Pharo 6.1 on sierra are
- typing and pressing arrow and the vm crash
- something getting a crash related to freetype
- and sometimes when stepping over get hundred of debuggers
but no freeze.

stef

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Andrei Stebakov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I experience that issue once in a while when I leave the pharo 6.1 on
> windows and when I come back to it the UI is frozen.
> Now I download pharo with moose image and it started to happen again (BTW I
> couldn't install Moose in my pharo 6.1 using Metacello command)
> I wonder if it's something that happens to many users and I have to get used
> to it (ui freezes) or there ways to avoid it.
> Again, maybe it's a windows specific problem and most of the pharo users are
> either on Mac or Linux.

Re: Unresponsive/frozen Gui

EstebanLM
most probably your image got stuck doing something.
take a look at “PharoDebug.org” in case there is one.

Esteban

On 10 Jan 2018, at 21:40, Andrei Stebakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

I experience that issue once in a while when I leave the pharo 6.1 on windows and when I come back to it the UI is frozen.
Now I download pharo with moose image and it started to happen again (BTW I couldn't install Moose in my pharo 6.1 using Metacello command)
I wonder if it's something that happens to many users and I have to get used to it (ui freezes) or there ways to avoid it.
Again, maybe it's a windows specific problem and most of the pharo users are either on Mac or Linux.

Re: Unresponsive/frozen Gui

NorbertHartl

Am 11.01.2018 um 08:31 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

most probably your image got stuck doing something.
take a look at “PharoDebug.org” in case there is one.

What cool domain name :)

Norbert

On 11 Jan 2018, at 09:08, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 11.01.2018 um 08:31 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

most probably your image got stuck doing something.
take a look at “PharoDebug.org” in case there is one.

What cool domain name :)

crap ;)

PharoDebug.log I meant :P

Esteban