Was that related to the packages being dropped from the update list? Wasn't there discussion years ago about some other place that needed to be tweaked to keep the numbers from dropping when that happened?
(wish I had remembered this when Elliot was asking about dropping the packages)
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:53 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did the Squeak-Version version not have its number bumped to correspond to the removal of those two packages?
(Update number, remember, is the sum of all the versions of all the packages loaded in the base image: if you remove Foo version 10, you need to bump Squeak-Version's version by 10.)
On 24 January 2018 at 12:57, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
In reply to this post by timrowledge
I’ve just attempted to get to the latest bleeding edge 64bit for macOS 10.13.3 and found a similar numbering mismatch on updating.
Here’s my tale of attempt at getting up to date…
• Looked on squeak.org for the latest development versions.
• Went to Downloads, Current Alpha Version (a.k.a. "Trunk" or "Bleeding Edge”) and got to http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/
• expanded Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.zip, double clicked Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.app, clicked Skip for Welcome to Squeak, did Save As New Version, don’t see the image and changes, find them in the .app by doing Show Package Contents. This seems very non-Macish, I like to see the image and changes in the folder where I am working. ...Give up on all-in-one.
• expanded Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-201704270225-macOS.zip and find Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.app
• expanded Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.zip and find:
Put Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.app in the same folder as the image and changes, I don’t see the sources file but think maybe it is hiding in the .app. Drag the image on the .app and get error saying it cannot find the sources file. Look for v60 sources file on files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/, don’t see it. Find http://files.squeak.org/sources_files/ but latest version is SqueakV50.sources.gz, try putting that in the same folder as image, changes and .app, that works.
• Skip Welcome to Squeak ‘Configure'
• Do Save As a new Version, find the new image and changes in the same folder, looking good.
• Look at About Squeak to see the VM version, find:
VM seems kinda old dating back to Wed Apr 26 19:25:21 2017, will try to find a current one, could use tips for doing that.
• Do Squeak/Update Squeak, seems to update without error…get in Transcript:
========== Update completed: 17595 -> 17303 ==========
This seems incorrect.
Ken G. Brown
In reply to this post by Frank Shearar-3
No, this wasn't done.
If someone with commit powers would be willing to bump up the version on Squeak-Version to 5131 (from 4730), that should fix the problem.
(we need to bump it 49 for Exceptions, 13 for FlexibleVocabularies, 338 for ScriptLoader - all based on last version loaded, plus 1 more to indicate these were removed (i.e., the version is bumped for the release as well, not just keeping the same number after release).
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:59 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|