Update of ConfigurationOfGlorp

Stephan Eggermont-3
I've added a Pharo 7 version, copied the configurations from
DBXTalk/Glorp to DBXTalk/Configurations and the metarepos, and
replaced the #'Pharo6.0.x' style names by #'Pharo6.x' style.
Please let me know if that creates problems

Stephan

Re: Update of ConfigurationOfGlorp

Stephane Ducasse-3
Tx stephan

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 5:20 PM, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've added a Pharo 7 version, copied the configurations from DBXTalk/Glorp
> to DBXTalk/Configurations and the metarepos, and
> replaced the #'Pharo6.0.x' style names by #'Pharo6.x' style.
> Please let me know if that creates problems
>
> Stephan

Re: Update of ConfigurationOfGlorp

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 4 Oct 2017, at 17:20, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've added a Pharo 7 version, copied the configurations from DBXTalk/Glorp to DBXTalk/Configurations and the metarepos, and
> replaced the #'Pharo6.0.x' style names by #'Pharo6.x' style.
> Please let me know if that creates problems
>
> Stephan

I tested with the latest ConfigurationOfGlorp-StephanEggermont.61 in Pharo 7 and that seems OK (not super clean, but OK).

Thx.

Re: Update of ConfigurationOfGlorp

Herby Vojčík
Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

>> On 4 Oct 2017, at 17:20, stephan<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>> I've added a Pharo 7 version, copied the configurations from DBXTalk/Glorp to DBXTalk/Configurations and the metarepos, and
>> replaced the #'Pharo6.0.x' style names by #'Pharo6.x' style.
>> Please let me know if that creates problems
>>
>> Stephan
>
> I tested with the latest ConfigurationOfGlorp-StephanEggermont.61 in Pharo 7 and that seems OK (not super clean, but OK).
>
> Thx.

Any chance of incorporating fixes 127 / 129?

Herby

On 06-10-17 17:22, Herby Vojčík wrote:
> Any chance of incorporating fixes 127 / 129?

Sure, as soon as someone tells me they are safe to
add. I am just testing Glorp with P3 and Postgres now,
and don't have the capacity to verify these changes
other than by just reading the delta.

127 is general, is not sqlite-specific. Fixes any case where primary key is not primitive and has converter.

On 11-10-17 20:33, Herby Vojčík wrote:
> 127 is general, is not sqlite-specific. Fixes any case where primary key
> is not primitive and has converter.

Should 127 and 129 be merged first, and should current development be
promoted to release? And why is 128 missing?

stephan wrote:

> On 11-10-17 20:33, Herby Vojčík wrote:
>> 127 is general, is not sqlite-specific. Fixes any case where primary
>> key is not primitive and has converter.
>
> Should 127 and 129 be merged first, and should current development be
> promoted to release? And why is 128 missing?
>
> Stephan

129 is from different author, who skipped upload of its 127 and 128 (probably intermediates).

127 is mine, fixes IMO overoptimized case for DirectMapping which unlike its superclass (thus all the other mappings as there is no other specialization), stopped converting primary keys to db value in fk->pk relationships.

On 11-10-17 21:50, Herby Vojčík wrote:

> 129 is from different author, who skipped upload of its 127 and 128
> (probably intermediates).
>
> 127 is mine, fixes IMO overoptimized case for DirectMapping which unlike
> its superclass (thus all the other mappings as there is no other
> specialization), stopped converting primary keys to db value in fk->pk
> relationships.

Name: ConfigurationOfGlorp-StephanEggermont.62
Author: StephanEggermont
Time: 11 October 2017, 10:00:05.488994 pm
UUID: a7105b9b-ac17-0d00-a62f-44e602acb0bc
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfGlorp-StephanEggermont.61

Patch for stable/release2/2.0.1

Fix error with DirectMapping primary key
not being converted to db type.

In the metarepos, dbxtalk/glorp and dbxtalk/configurations

stephan wrote:

> On 11-10-17 21:50, Herby Vojčík wrote:
>
>> 129 is from different author, who skipped upload of its 127 and 128
>> (probably intermediates).
>>
>> 127 is mine, fixes IMO overoptimized case for DirectMapping which
>> unlike its superclass (thus all the other mappings as there is no
>> other specialization), stopped converting primary keys to db value in
>> fk->pk relationships.
>
> Name: ConfigurationOfGlorp-StephanEggermont.62
> Author: StephanEggermont
> Time: 11 October 2017, 10:00:05.488994 pm
> UUID: a7105b9b-ac17-0d00-a62f-44e602acb0bc
> Ancestors: ConfigurationOfGlorp-StephanEggermont.61
>
> Patch for stable/release2/2.0.1
>
> Fix error with DirectMapping primary key
> not being converted to db type.
>
> In the metarepos, dbxtalk/glorp and dbxtalk/configurations

Thank you very much, sir. :-)

Re: Update of ConfigurationOfGlorp

alistairgrant
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:50:46PM +0200, Herby Voj????k wrote:

> stephan wrote:
> >On 11-10-17 20:33, Herby Voj????k wrote:
> >>127 is general, is not sqlite-specific. Fixes any case where primary
> >>key is not primitive and has converter.
> >
> >Should 127 and 129 be merged first, and should current development be
> >promoted to release? And why is 128 missing?
> >
> >Stephan
> >

> 129 is from different author, who skipped upload of its 127 and 128
> (probably intermediates).
>
> 127 is mine, fixes IMO overoptimized case for DirectMapping which
> unlike its superclass (thus all the other mappings as there is no
> other specialization), stopped converting primary keys to db value in
> fk->pk relationships.

129 is mine.  129 is dated July 2016 while 127 is dated August 2017,
which I guess accounts for why I based 129 on 126.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 11:31:17AM +0200, stephan wrote:
> On 06-10-17 17:22, Herby Voj????k wrote:
> >Any chance of incorporating fixes 127 / 129?
>
> Sure, as soon as someone tells me they are safe to
> add. I am just testing Glorp with P3 and Postgres now,
> and don't have the capacity to verify these changes
> other than by just reading the delta.
>
> Stephan

129 has been available since July 2016 and was promoted to #development
by Pierce in January 2017.

I've been using it without any problems since I submitted it in July
2016.

Cheers,
Alistair