Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

laurent laffont
Hi,

I've updated Pharo packages for ArchLinux. Could you please update
install procedure on http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation ?

Install Pharo launcher + Spur + old VM using command line:
  $ yaourt pharo-launcher

then run:
  $ pharo-launcher

(or look into your desktop menu for Pharo Launcher)

Note: PharoLauncher is automatically configured to run Pharo images
with right VM.

More informations on packages:
- pharo-launcher: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pharo-launcher/
- pharo-spur-vm: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pharo-spur-vm/
- pharo-vm (old VM): https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pharo-vm/

Thanks for Pharo 5 :)

Laurent Laffont

Re: Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

stepharo
thanks Laurent!

Stef

Le 14/5/16 à 15:08, laurent laffont a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've updated Pharo packages for ArchLinux. Could you please update
> install procedure onhttp://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation  ?
>

> Install Pharo launcher + Spur + old VM using command line:
>    $ yaourt pharo-launcher
>
> then run:
>    $ pharo-launcher
>
> (or look into your desktop menu for Pharo Launcher)
>
> Note: PharoLauncher is automatically configured to run Pharo images
> with right VM.
>

> More informations on packages:
> - pharo-launcher:https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pharo-launcher/
> - pharo-spur-vm:https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pharo-spur-vm/
> - pharo-vm (old VM):https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pharo-vm/
>

> Thanks for Pharo 5 :)
>
> Laurent Laffont

Re: Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks you, indeed!

And good to see you around here, Laurent :).

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

laurent laffont
Indeed, I'm not so far :)  For two years I develop a Pharo / Moose
application at work that is used to analyze our Redmine tickets (see
screenshot). A second person may work on it starting from next month
to connect it to Mantis bug tracker too. That will be open sourced
soon or later but as a side project, things are evolving slowly ...
BTW, screenshot attached.

Cheers,

Laurent

redmine.png (506K) Download Attachment

Re: Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

Tudor Girba-2
Nice!

I would be interested in collecting your experience. Would you mind connecting with me in private to talk about it?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Update website request: Pharo 5.0 packages on ArchLinux

stepharo
This is a super cool news.

Stef