Updated ConfigurationsOf...scripts?

hernanmd
Hi,

Is there any page/tool where all the updated ConfigurationOf....
installing scripts are found?
Best regards,

--
Hernán Morales
Information Technology Manager,
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: Updated ConfigurationsOf...scripts?

hernanmd
Ok if there are not, I think is a must, I spend a lot of time
searching for the updated scripts or exporting/importing them in my
images. What about creating a wiki page in the google project?

Hernán

2011/1/11 Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any page/tool where all the updated ConfigurationOf....
> installing scripts are found?
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Hernán Morales
> Information Technology Manager,
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: Updated ConfigurationsOf...scripts?

laurent laffont
Isn't what you're looking for ? http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/

Laurent

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok if there are not, I think is a must, I spend a lot of time
searching for the updated scripts or exporting/importing them in my
images. What about creating a wiki page in the google project?

Hernán

2011/1/11 Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any page/tool where all the updated ConfigurationOf....
> installing scripts are found?
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Hernán Morales
> Information Technology Manager,
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: Updated ConfigurationsOf...scripts?

hernanmd
Yes thanks.
notice there are 80+ ConfigurationOf... in the MetacelloRepository and
so many not listed there

2011/1/12 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>:

> Isn't what you're looking for ?
> http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/
> Laurent
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Hernán Morales Durand
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok if there are not, I think is a must, I spend a lot of time
>> searching for the updated scripts or exporting/importing them in my
>> images. What about creating a wiki page in the google project?
>>
>> Hernán
>>
>> 2011/1/11 Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Is there any page/tool where all the updated ConfigurationOf....
>> > installing scripts are found?
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > --
>> > Hernán Morales
>> > Information Technology Manager,
>> > Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
>> > National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
>> > La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
>> > Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
>> > Internal: 422
>> > Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: [Pharo-project] Updated ConfigurationsOf...scripts?

Dale Henrichs
Hernán,

It _is_ possible to write some scripts that could automate the checking:

   ConfigurationOfXXX project updateProject

loads the latest version of the mcz file for the configuration. Then you
could write a little script like:

   | project |
   project := ConfigurationOfXXX project.
   project updateProject
   project currentVersion < project latestVersion
     ifTrue: [
       self inform: 'A new version of ConfigurationOXXX is available' ].

to simplify the check for new versions a bit more...you could even
automate the load of the newer version if you were brave:)

Dale