Updated DrGeo page on wikipedia

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

I finally decided to update myself the Dr. Geo wikipedia page, although
I don't really like doing so, as the author I may not have the
appropriate neutral tone needed for wikipedia articles. Anyway I was
sick to see out of date information related to Dr. Geo (mostly C++
version based). If any comment or additional information should be
added, please tell me.

Thanks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DrGeo

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://launchpad.net/istoa

Re: Updated DrGeo page on wikipedia

stepharo
I got the same feeling about Pharo :)

Stef

On 22/7/14 06:29, Hilaire wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally decided to update myself the Dr. Geo wikipedia page,
> although I don't really like doing so, as the author I may not have
> the appropriate neutral tone needed for wikipedia articles. Anyway I
> was sick to see out of date information related to Dr. Geo (mostly C++
> version based). If any comment or additional information should be
> added, please tell me.
>
> Thanks
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DrGeo

Re: Updated DrGeo page on wikipedia

kilon.alios
Why this guilty ? who is better to talk about a software than its best contributor or one of the best / most active contributors ?

Been biased is a choice.  You can choose to be biased , which means letting your emotions overcome your reasoning. The fact that you are the author of the project does not make you biased, you choose to be or not be biased.

DrGeo first release was back in 1995 ? wow , thats 2 decades of work :)

You need to add some pictures, the application is meant to appeal to students, students love pictures. More information also would not hurt, show people what makes Dr Geo special . Thats the beauty of wikipedia you start with a summary and then if you are interested you go to the relevant section to find all the juicy details about the parts that interest you.

On 22/7/14 06:29, Hilaire wrote:
Hi,

I finally decided to update myself the Dr. Geo wikipedia page, although I don't really like doing so, as the author I may not have the appropriate neutral tone needed for wikipedia articles. Anyway I was sick to see out of date information related to Dr. Geo (mostly C++ version based). If any comment or additional information should be added, please tell me.

Thanks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DrGeo

Re: Updated DrGeo page on wikipedia

Nicolai Hess

Why this guilty ? who is better to talk about a software than its best contributor or one of the best / most active contributors ?

Been biased is a choice.  You can choose to be biased , which means letting your emotions overcome your reasoning. The fact that you are the author of the project does not make you biased, you choose to be or not be biased.

DrGeo first release was back in 1995 ? wow , thats 2 decades of work :)

You need to add some pictures, the application is meant to appeal to students, students love pictures. More information also would not hurt, show people what makes Dr Geo special . Thats the beauty of wikipedia you start with a summary and then if you are interested you go to the relevant section to find all the juicy details about the parts that interest you.

Maybe the Logo and one image showing the user interface.
I would remove the "sugar" entry from "operating systems". Is DrGeo  II installable for OLPC?
Force on the "teaching and learning" aspect.

I like this text from the user guide more than the current introduction on wikipedia:
The Dr. Geo user interface, under the form of great simplicity, allows the beginner to get acquainted very quickly with the basic functions of the software. Then, as the user progresses, the more advanced aspects of the interface and the capabilities of Dr. Geo will become apparent, such as multiple methods of construction of each kind of object,1 macro construction, multiple recording, scripts, Smalltalk sketches, and inheritance of Smalltalk in Dr. Geo. These advanced features generate little overload on the interface, which is why Dr. Geo is very pleasant for use in primary education; however they also make it very interesting for use in high school and university.