Updated Pharo by Example: First Example has problems

Updated Pharo by Example: First Example has problems

dougt
The Lights Out example will not close.  The morphic halo will not appear on the lights out grid. You have to close it with a statement in the Playground.  Judging from this forum, this problem is not new. I am running Ubuntu 15.10 and a very recent version of Pharo 4.0 latest.

Pharo has good documentation and is making an effort at keeping it current.  However, if the first example in the documentation has problems, the potential Pharo user will conclude that there is not enough attention to detail in the product, and move on to find a more solid product.

Re: Updated Pharo by Example: First Example has problems

peaslee
I had the same problem. I am new, so I did not know how to close it from the Playground.

Re: Updated Pharo by Example: First Example has problems

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I don't think Doug is subscribed to the list. This message never made it past the Nabble mirror...

dougt wrote
The Lights Out example will not close.  The morphic halo will not appear on the lights out grid. You have to close it with a statement in the Playground.  Judging from this forum, this problem is not new. I am running Ubuntu 15.10 and a very recent version of Pharo 4.0 latest.

Pharo has good documentation and is making an effort at keeping it current.  However, if the first example in the documentation has problems, the potential Pharo user will conclude that there is not enough attention to detail in the product, and move on to find a more solid product.
Cheers,
Sean