Updating Config before Load?

Sean DeNigris
I was trying to load Phexample into Moose 6.1 and got a conflict for a dependency (StateSpecs) between an existing ConfigurationOfStateSpecs version and the ConfigurationOfStateSpecs version that was trying to be loaded. Here is the relevant load snippet:
project: 'Phexample' with: [ spec className: #ConfigurationOfPhexample; versionString: #'stable'; repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Phexample/Phexample/main/' ]

To debug, I tried to load Phexample directly via:```smalltalk
Metacello new
configuration: 'Phexample';
smalltalkhubUser: 'Phexample' project: 'Phexample';
load.
```
It seems that the configuration is not updated to the new one Denis just pushed, but an older config already loaded into Moose is used (`CyrilFerlicot.17`).

What's the best way to handle this situation that will work both for manual loading and CI builds?

Thanks,
-s

Re: Updating Config before Load?

Dale Henrichs-3

To start with I would like to see the full Transcript of the load and a stack for the conflict ... and do you happen to know the new version of the Configuration that you expect to be downloaded?

You also do not say what happens when you tried loading the Configuration directly ... are you implying that the behavior you are seeing is the same whether you are doing a direct load via Metacello or an indirect load via a project reference? You don't (explicitly) mention whether or not the direct load worked or not ...

I would have expected both to work the same but without a Transcript for both load attempts, I can't guess what might be causing the different behavior ... if indeed the behavior is different.

Dale

On 03/18/2018 12:12 PM, Sean DeNigris wrote:
[...]

Old: ConfigurationOfPhexample-CyrilFerlicot.17; #stable = 3.1
Loads StateSpecs via:
project: 'StateSpecs' with: [
   spec
  className: 'ConfigurationOfStateSpecs';
version: #development;
  repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/dionisiy/StateSpecs/main']
New: ConfigurationOfPhexample-DenisKudryashov.19; #stable = 3.3
Loads StateSpecs via:
spec baseline: 'StateSpecs' with: [
 spec repository: 'github://dionisiydk/StateSpecs:v2.4.x']

You also do not say what happens when you tried loading the Configuration directly ... are you implying that the behavior you are seeing is the same whether you are doing a direct load via Metacello or an indirect load via a project reference?

Well, the two different attempts attempted the StateSpecs load the same way, just from a different access point.

Attempt #1 (which loads Phexample, which loads StateSpecs):
Metacello new
baseline: 'BabyPhexample';
repository: 'github://seandenigris/Baby-Phexample:master/repository';
load.

Attempt #2 (one level down from #1):

On 03/18/2018 07:00 PM, Sean DeNigris wrote:
To start with I would like to see the full Transcript of the load

and a stack for the conflict
The stack that you supplied is truncated right at the spot where the error is signalled, I would actually like to see the whole stack ... also it would be useful to see the error message that you are getting ... and the full transcript is missing as well ...

[...]

Without the full stack and error message (sorry I though I'd get the exact error message when I asked for the stack) and transcript  ....

Given the two references to the StateSpecs I see that there is indeed a (potential) conflict because they differ in which repository the project is being loaded from ... so now I'm wondering why the successful attempt is successful ..

I REALLY need the error message, stack, Transcript contents to make a determination of where the two different load techniques are (apparently) ending up with different results.

Attempt #1 (which loads Phexample, which loads StateSpecs):
Metacello new
baseline: 'BabyPhexample';
repository: 'github://seandenigris/Baby-Phexample:master/repository';
load.

Attempt #2 (one level down from #1):
Metacello new
configuration: 'Phexample';
smalltalkhubUser: 'Phexample' project: 'Phexample';
load.
I would really need to see a transcript of the each of these attempts ... to get a transcript, open the Transcript BEFORE doing anything then copy (and clear) the Transcript after each attempt and identify which load expression is associated with which Transcript and I should be able to figure out what's going on ...

Dale