Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

EstebanLM
that… we need to change it :P

Re: Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

EstebanLM
ok, you can use it now. Update failed and I need to leave for half na hour…. I will retry later.

cheers,
Esteban

> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:03, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> that… we need to change it :P

Re: Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

EstebanLM
Ok, retrying. DO NOT USE THEM!

Esteban

> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:20, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ok, you can use it now. Update failed and I need to leave for half na hour…. I will retry later.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:03, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> that… we need to change it :P

Re: Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

EstebanLM
ok… success :)
now, this is the change:

from now, each version is married with one vm.

so, if you download /30+vm it will download the Pharo30 image with its corresponding "vm30"

which means some links do not have sense anymore:

/vm
/vmLatest

but you have

/vm12
/vm20
/vm30
/vm40
/vmLatest40

the concept of “latest vm” is also now married to development image… while an image is being developed (40 now, 50 next week), it will have a “latest” vm… but once releases, release will come with a “blessed” vm… the one is good for you to use.

of course, that does not means vm’s are not exchangeable, as usual… it means we are blessing one version of the vm to be used with one version of the image.

Now, the vm will download just ONE source version (vm30 will download PharoV3.sources)… so we can keep many version without bloating our downloads.

Also, this prepares us to future non compatible VM versions (like Spur), so is a good change.

I hope it is clear for you :)

cheers,
Esteban

> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:56, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, retrying. DO NOT USE THEM!
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:20, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ok, you can use it now. Update failed and I need to leave for half na hour…. I will retry later.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Esteban
>>
>>> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:03, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> that… we need to change it :P

Re: Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Good work, thanks.

> On 07 Apr 2015, at 17:24, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ok… success :)
> now, this is the change:
>
> from now, each version is married with one vm.
>
> so, if you download /30+vm it will download the Pharo30 image with its corresponding "vm30"
>
> which means some links do not have sense anymore:
>
> /vm
> /vmLatest
>
> but you have
>
> /vm12
> /vm20
> /vm30
> /vm40
> /vmLatest40
>
> the concept of “latest vm” is also now married to development image… while an image is being developed (40 now, 50 next week), it will have a “latest” vm… but once releases, release will come with a “blessed” vm… the one is good for you to use.
>
> of course, that does not means vm’s are not exchangeable, as usual… it means we are blessing one version of the vm to be used with one version of the image.
>
> Now, the vm will download just ONE source version (vm30 will download PharoV3.sources)… so we can keep many version without bloating our downloads.
>
> Also, this prepares us to future non compatible VM versions (like Spur), so is a good change.
>
> I hope it is clear for you :)
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>

>> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:56, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, retrying. DO NOT USE THEM!
>>
>> Esteban
>>
>>> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:20, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> ok, you can use it now. Update failed and I need to leave for half na hour…. I will retry later.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Esteban

Re: Updating ZeroConf! Please do not use it until new advice!

Offray
Yep,

Thanks a lot Esteban. A memorable future is comming :-)

Cheers,

Offray