Updating a subview...

Christopher J. Demers
I made a detail editor view.  I use this coupled with its presenter as a sub
view in a number of dialogs.  So far I like it, but I can see myself wanting
to make a change at some point, maybe changing a button name or something.
Now that my detail editor view is embedded in quite a few dialogs is there
an easy way to update it?  Have I approached this the right way in MVP?

Actually I just saw ReferenceView, and I am wondering if that is what I
should use in this situation?

Chris

Re: Updating a subview...

Bill Schwab-2
Chris,

> I made a detail editor view.  I use this coupled with its presenter as a
sub
> view in a number of dialogs.  So far I like it, but I can see myself
wanting
> to make a change at some point, maybe changing a button name or something.
> Now that my detail editor view is embedded in quite a few dialogs is there
> an easy way to update it?  Have I approached this the right way in MVP?
>
> Actually I just saw ReferenceView, and I am wondering if that is what I
> should use in this situation?

Most likely.  If you want the "client"/dependent views to change when you
change the detail editor in one place, then a ReferenceView should do
nicely.

Have a good one,

Bill

--