Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

Marcus Denker-4

-> New server, thus: new IP…
-> the server will run Mailman3 (we used Mailman2)
-> There will be a better Archive

I will do the change of the IP address today.

The only thing that could happen is that mails send still via the old server will not be in the
new archive, everything else should be transparent.

I will send another mail when it is done.

Marcus

Re: Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
> We are updating the mailinglists (everything https://lists.pharo.org/
> <https://lists.pharo.org/>)

Thanks, Marcus - all this logistical stuff gets no glory but is so important
:)

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Sean

Re: Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

SergeStinckwich
Marcus, big 👏

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 14:33, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
> We are updating the mailinglists (everything https://lists.pharo.org/
> &lt;https://lists.pharo.org/&gt;)

Thanks, Marcus - all this logistical stuff gets no glory but is so important
:)

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Serge Stinckwic
​h​
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 14 Sep 2020, at 17:46, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Marcus Denker-4 wrote
>> We are updating the mailinglists (everything https://lists.pharo.org/
>> &lt;https://lists.pharo.org/&gt;)
>
> Thanks, Marcus - all this logistical stuff gets no glory but is so important
> :)

+100

Indeed, thank you, Marcus !

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
+100^100.

As Susan Leigh Star said, infrastructure is invisible until it fails. So
all the work behind the invisible to keep it running, lean and smooth is
really important.

Offray

On 15/09/20 3:06 a. m., Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

>> On 14 Sep 2020, at 17:46, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Marcus Denker-4 wrote
>>> We are updating the mailinglists (everything https://lists.pharo.org/
>>> &lt;https://lists.pharo.org/&gt;)
>> Thanks, Marcus - all this logistical stuff gets no glory but is so important
>> :)
> +100
>
> Indeed, thank you, Marcus !
>
>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Updating lists.pharo.org: New server, Mailman3 and more

Stéphane Ducasse
And the cool thing about it is that we will have soon a mailing list for github and other logs (that we can browse while not be forced to register too) and
with that Pharo-dev will be less polluted and we want to have it back a place to exchange about Pharo.

S.