Updating my remote pharo to latest codebase..

Updating my remote pharo to latest codebase..

sergio_101

Hi, all..

I think have most everything figured out on running and managing my remote image. I have been running i headless and using PharmIDE.. but i can’t figure out how to update a package to the latest version..

In my case, i have a few packages with source code, tests, etc. set up with a metacello configuration.

Normally, I would just use  VNC and monticello to update it while it was still running.. but VNC is causing me all sorts of issues, and i feel like there’s a better way.

since this is in alpha, i am keeping data in the image.. but once this is no longer an issue, i will just build a new new image every time with a script..

but for now, what is the best way to handle this?

Thanks!

Re: Updating my remote pharo to latest codebase..

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

You can just open remote playground and evaluate ConfigurationOfYourProject loadDevelopment (or similar).
Notice that when you will save image after that Pharm server will be automatically running after restart

So idea is to script updating

Re: Updating my remote pharo to latest codebase..

sergio_101
Sounds perfect.

Thanks!