Updating universe

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I would like to create a new squeak-dev image. Could you please, Gary,
update the universe with what you think is the best version of the UI
enhancements?

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-5
On Monday 12 November 2007 7:33:11 am Damien Cassou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a new squeak-dev image. Could you please, Gary,
> update the universe with what you think is the best version of the UI
> enhancements?
>
> Bye

Will be able to tomorrow.

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA

RE: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-4
Done. (dev) universe UI Themes and Standard Widgets version 0.56, based on Pinesoft-Widgets-gvc.260.mcz

RE: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-4
Though now I have put a few more versions on SqueakSource. version 261+ includes support for automatically loading a background image for a theme if an image (.jpg) matching the theme name is present in your squeak directory (Watery.jpg for example).

I can do another Universe release if you like...

2007/11/13, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]>:
> Though now I have put a few more versions on SqueakSource. version 261+ includes support for automatically loading a background image for a theme if an image (.jpg) matching the theme name is present in your squeak directory (Watery.jpg for example).
>
> I can do another Universe release if you like...

It's your package, you have to decide :-).

Thank you for maintaining this.

--
Damien Cassou

RE: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-4
Universe version 0.57 then... Ta.

RE: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-4
You'll need to close anything that has a checkbox/radio button in due to the changes (the button has an instvar to determine which type now, rather than checking the "on image" form).

RE: Updating universe

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary,

Not to rub salt in any wounds, what is the nature of the problem?  Is it
something you could fix with lazy initialization, or does it involve
serialization or something else that gets confused?  I ask because I
layout changes of serialized objects hits close to home.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> [hidden email] 11/13/07 9:39 AM >>>
You'll need to close anything that has a checkbox/radio button in due to
the changes (the button has an instvar to determine which type now,
rather than checking the "on image" form).

RE: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-4
Could do lazy... though you might find radio buttons turn into checkboxes...
Just that there is an extra instance variable on CheckboxButtonMorph
(isRadioButton) that
requires initialisation. As above, there would be no way of identifying what
the value should be given that the form used for the marker (onImage) can
now be specified by theme. Previously there was only "chcekbox" and "radio"
so the type of button could be determined by equivalence of the respect
onImage.

Since (CheckboxButtonMorph) is part of Widgets, closing things like the
PreferenceBrowser is sufficient to ensure a clean load without the dreaded
emergency evaluator.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the price of some progress... if anyone has
been serialising CheckboxButtonMorphs I'll put some fallback in. I prefer
not to do this, in general, for efficiency purposes.

RE: Updating universe

Gary Chambers-4
For anyone not wanting to load the latest UI Enhancements (Universe or
SqueakSource) you can take a look at the Watery theme here...
http://www.gazzaguru2.btinternet.co.uk/Watery.png