Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi All,

    right now the only place I can see from which to obtain the latest release is

This is easily parseable when fetched with curl/wget etc.  But when one tries to compose a URL giving just those files, e.g.

one gets back javascript, not file names.  I urgently need a parseable link to a list of just the latest build, or a specific build, not the long list at https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/

Is this possible?  Can anyone set this up?

TIA
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

timrowledge

> On 15-03-2018, at 3:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> This is easily parseable when fetched with curl/wget etc.  But when one tries to compose a URL giving just those files, e.g.
>
> https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/201803080952#files
>
> one gets back javascript, not file names.  I urgently need a parseable link to a list of just the latest build, or a specific build, not the long list at https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/

Does this - https://bintray.com/docs/api/#_content_downloading - make any sense in this context?

tim
Unix love: unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

Re: Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Tim,

On Mar 15, 2018, at 4:11 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 15-03-2018, at 3:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is easily parseable when fetched with curl/wget etc.  But when one tries to compose a URL giving just those files, e.g.

https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/201803080952#files

one gets back javascript, not file names.  I urgently need a parseable link to a list of just the latest build, or a specific build, not the long list at https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/

Does this - https://bintray.com/docs/api/#_content_downloading - make any sense in this context?

Thanks for the pointer.  No, it doesn't help; it has info on premium support options that we don't have.  However, this:

now has a Latest Version Badge that might work.  I committed a hack that finds the latest release from notifications (it's a hack because notifications has limited length and if it notifies other than successful builds it could end up containing no notifications for successful builds).  I'll take a look at the Latest Version Badge (& thanks to whoever provided it).

Eliot
_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

tim
Unix love: unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

arch

Re: Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

Tobias Pape

Hi Eliot,

> On 18.03.2018, at 17:10, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Mar 15, 2018, at 4:11 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> On 15-03-2018, at 3:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> This is easily parseable when fetched with curl/wget etc.  But when one tries to compose a URL giving just those files, e.g.
>>>
>>> https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/201803080952#files
>>>
>>> one gets back javascript, not file names.  I urgently need a parseable link to a list of just the latest build, or a specific build, not the long list at https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/
>>
>> Does this - https://bintray.com/docs/api/#_content_downloading - make any sense in this context?
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  No, it doesn't help; it has info on premium support options that we don't have.  However, this:
>
> https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/
>
> now has a Latest Version Badge that might work.  I committed a hack that finds the latest release from notifications (it's a hack because notifications has limited length and if it notifies other than successful builds it could end up containing no notifications for successful builds).  I'll take a look at the Latest Version Badge (& thanks to whoever provided it).

That latest version badge points to: https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/_latestVersion

And if I HTTP HEAD that, I get:
$ curl -I https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/_latestVersion
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: nginx
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:39:03 GMT
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; preload

That is, it will redirect to the respective version, with which you can construct the DL path and the file name.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Eliot
> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)
>>

>> tim
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> Unix love: unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep
>
> arch

Re: Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

Ronie Salgado

Hi Eliot,

During the weekend I managed to get the latest version on bintray for my own projects (Woden) by using their REST API, without paying for the premium support. I wrote some Python scripts that works on Windows, Linux and Mac.

The attached Python script can be used to get the latest version of Cog available at bintray. Here are some examples of the script usage along with its output:

ronie@ronie-asus:~/projects/woden-bintray$ python bintray_cog.py pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86
pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86_itimer_201803080952.tar.gz
pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86_201803080952.tar.gz

ronie@ronie-asus:~/projects/woden-bintray$ python bintray_cog.py -url pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86
https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86_itimer_201803080952.tar.gz
https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86_201803080952.tar.gz

ronie@ronie-asus:~/projects/woden-bintray$ python bintray_cog.py -download pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86
Download pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86_itimer_201803080952.tar.gz 100%[4544 / 4540 KB]
pharo.cog.spur_linux32x86_itimer_201803080952.tar.gz

Best regards,
Ronie

Hi Eliot,

> On 18.03.2018, at 17:10, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Mar 15, 2018, at 4:11 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> On 15-03-2018, at 3:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> This is easily parseable when fetched with curl/wget etc.  But when one tries to compose a URL giving just those files, e.g.
>>>
>>> https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/201803080952#files
>>>
>>> one gets back javascript, not file names.  I urgently need a parseable link to a list of just the latest build, or a specific build, not the long list at https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/
>>
>> Does this - https://bintray.com/docs/api/#_content_downloading - make any sense in this context?
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  No, it doesn't help; it has info on premium support options that we don't have.  However, this:
>
> https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/
>
> now has a Latest Version Badge that might work.  I committed a hack that finds the latest release from notifications (it's a hack because notifications has limited length and if it notifies other than successful builds it could end up containing no notifications for successful builds).  I'll take a look at the Latest Version Badge (& thanks to whoever provided it).

That latest version badge points to: https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/_latestVersion

And if I HTTP HEAD that, I get:
$ curl -I <a href="https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/_latestVersion HTTP/1.1" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/_latestVersion
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: nginx
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:39:03 GMT
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; preload

That is, it will redirect to the respective version, with which you can construct the DL path and the file name.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Eliot
>>

>> tim
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> Unix love: unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep
>
> arch

bintray_cog.py (5K) Download Attachment