Usage of fast drag

Damien Cassou
> (4) [...] FWIW, I still think you should reconsider fast drag - enabling it makes a HUGE difference when moving and resizing windows.

what do people think about 'fast drag' preference?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Usage of fast drag

Stuart Herring-2
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Damien Cassou<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> (4) [...] FWIW, I still think you should reconsider fast drag - enabling it makes a HUGE difference when moving and resizing windows.
>
> what do people think about 'fast drag' preference?

I use it all the time - but I do most my development on an EeePC, so
it makes a big difference there.
Interestingly, that - and switching to the Soft Squeak theme (which is
actually more because I like the colour coded windows than the
performance improvement) is the only performance change I make.  I
infinitely prefer the package browser, and I even think  the delays
associated with dynamic protocols are worthwhile.

Regards,
Stuart

Re: Usage of fast drag

Mariano Martinez Peck
I also have them enabled always.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Stuart Herring <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Damien Cassou<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> (4) [...] FWIW, I still think you should reconsider fast drag - enabling it makes a HUGE difference when moving and resizing windows.
>
> what do people think about 'fast drag' preference?

I use it all the time - but I do most my development on an EeePC, so
it makes a big difference there.
Interestingly, that - and switching to the Soft Squeak theme (which is
actually more because I like the colour coded windows than the
performance improvement) is the only performance change I make.  I
infinitely prefer the package browser, and I even think  the delays
associated with dynamic protocols are worthwhile.

Regards,
Stuart

Re: Usage of fast drag

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
+1 for the package browser, I miss it.
But I like the new inspector :)

r.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Stuart Herring <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Damien Cassou<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> (4) [...] FWIW, I still think you should reconsider fast drag - enabling it makes a HUGE difference when moving and resizing windows.
>
> what do people think about 'fast drag' preference?

I use it all the time - but I do most my development on an EeePC, so
it makes a big difference there.
Interestingly, that - and switching to the Soft Squeak theme (which is
actually more because I like the colour coded windows than the
performance improvement) is the only performance change I make.  I
infinitely prefer the package browser, and I even think  the delays
associated with dynamic protocols are worthwhile.

Regards,
Stuart

Re: Usage of fast drag

Stéphane Ducasse
when david will be back from holiday I hope that we will have a
version of OBpackage that can load
with the one of lukas.