Using FTPServer and Pier

John Borden
Does anyone have experience combining FTPServer and Pier, or something similar?  It seems it would be really cool to be able to add/replace wiki pages through FTP - that way it could be automated with shell scripts.  I've got a Pier installation behind a company firewall, so I have no concerns about security.

Thanks,
John

Re: Using FTPServer and Pier

drush66
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:07 AM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience combining FTPServer and Pier, or something similar?  It seems it would be really cool to be able to add/replace wiki pages through FTP - that way it could be automated with shell scripts.  I've got a Pier installation behind a company firewall, so I have no concerns about security.

Maybe you could hack a simple REST interface, that shell scripts could
use as well, and I guess Pier side would be much simpler to implement
than ftp

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: Using FTPServer and Pier

Lukas Renggli
On 13 April 2012 05:07, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience combining FTPServer and Pier, or something similar?  It seems it would be really cool to be able to add/replace wiki pages through FTP - that way it could be automated with shell scripts.  I've got a Pier installation behind a company firewall, so I have no concerns about security.

I think I've done that back in 2005, you might be able to dig out the
code around  http://www.squeaksource.com/FTPServer.html.

Lukas

> Thanks,
> John