Using GNU Smalltalk as user frontend for embedded Linux devices (OpenWRT/Buildroot)

Using GNU Smalltalk as user frontend for embedded Linux devices (OpenWRT/Buildroot)

ponyatov
What limits the current GNU Smalltalk version to be used as user scripting
and GUI engine for low-profile embedded Linux devices such as RT5350 routers
and control hardware?

How can I implement full-sized GUI in a client browser using some sort of
WEB VNC client, JS-based client, or maybe WebAssembly?

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Gnu-f1290346.html

Re: Using GNU Smalltalk as user frontend for embedded Linux devices (OpenWRT/Buildroot)

Jeronimo Pellegrini-5
Well, it would need to be packaged for OpenWRT/LibreCMC.

I have packaged a couple of interpreters (Lisps, mostly) for
OpenWRT/LibreCMC:

https://gitlab.com/jpellegrini/openwrt-packages

Although I have interest in packaging  GNU Smalltalk too, I haven't
tried yet. One problem: GNU Smalltalk (as Clisp) uses libsigsegv, which is
not packaged, for OpenWRT. I could not yet package it (that is why I did not
package Clisp either).
There may be other problems.

I am willing to help packaging it, if someone else is also interested.

J.