Using Glorp in Pharo

jarober
I can get Glorp installed (at least in Pharo 1.2.1) now, but when I attempt to use it:

-- against Oracle, it tries to use Postgres style connect strings
-- against Postgres (8.4) it looks for DLLS I don't have.

Any suggestions?

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Re: Using Glorp in Pharo

Diogenes Moreira

here http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/ you can find ddl and a little guide.

Best

http://about.me/diogenes.moreira

2011/11/21 James Robertson <[hidden email]>
I can get Glorp installed (at least in Pharo 1.2.1) now, but when I attempt to use it:

-- against Oracle, it tries to use Postgres style connect strings
-- against Postgres (8.4) it looks for DLLS I don't have.

Any suggestions?

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Re: Using Glorp in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM, James Robertson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can get Glorp installed (at least in Pharo 1.2.1) now, but when I attempt to use it:

Hi James. The first thing I  would like to know is how did you exactly install Glorp in Pharo.

-- against Oracle, it tries to use Postgres style connect strings

I don't understand. Can you paste the code you are using to connect?

-- against Postgres (8.4) it looks for DLLS I don't have.

If you are using the OpenDBXDriver then you need the OpenDBX dll and the PostgreSQL client library. Which DLL you don't have? did you install PostgreSQL client library?
http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/Compiling%20and%20installing%20OpenDBX
in which OS are you working?

For PostgreSQL you can also use the native (smalltalk) driver instead of OpenDBXDriver, in which case you don't need any dll:

(ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project version: #stable) load: 'GlorpPostgresV2Native'

cheers

Any suggestions?

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Using Glorp in Pharo

jarober
This is what I used to try and connect.  This code works in VW and VA:

"set up connection"
login := Login new
database: OracleODBCPlatform new;
username: username;
password: password;
connectString: 'orcl11g';
yourself.

accessor := DatabaseAccessor forLogin: login.
accessor login.

In Pharo, it attempts to use the Native postgres driver.  Why, I have no idea....

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:27 AM, James Robertson <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is what I used to try and connect.  This code works in VW and VA:

"set up connection"
login := Login new
database: OracleODBCPlatform new;
username: username;
password: password;
connectString: 'orcl11g';
yourself.

accessor := DatabaseAccessor forLogin: login.
accessor login.

In Pharo, it attempts to use the Native postgres driver.  Why, I have no idea....

Hi James. It is weird, since if you have installed it using ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX, then it should have executed #postLoadGlorpDriverDBXTalkPharo which sets the OpenDBX driver:

(Smalltalk at: #PharoDatabaseAccessor) DefaultDriver: (Smalltalk globals at: #GlorpOpenDBXDriver).

Can you set it by hand by executing that line of code and see what happens?

Thanks!