Using Licensed ActiveX Controls

1 message Options

Using Licensed ActiveX Controls

William McLaughlin
Hi All,

I have a problem with a licensed ActiveX control which has an evaluation
mode. When I distribute my app the control appears in eval mode and displays
an expiry limit. Now when I created the view containing the control in the
View Composer I entered the license string.

I notice in the COMInterface class the method for creating a licensed
control tries to create the control normally and only uses the license
creation method if the normal method fails. Obviously, if the control allows
an evaluation period then it will allow creation without the license string
during the evaluation period. I don't know whether this applies to the
AXControlSite.

I have tried this control in VC++ using the normal and license creation
methods and they work as expected i.e. the normal method shows the eval
control and the license method shows the proper control.

Help!!

William McLaughlin