Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

Simon Denier-3
I'm wondering how to use MouseEnter events from Mondrian (when I just move the mouse over an element)  in a Glamour presentation.

I am not sure how to use it actually. There is an example in MoosePanel when the mouse overs a class in system complexity, class name is displayed in the status bar.
It seems like I could perhaps read from the #status port?

My idea is that I would like to be able to update a presentation in another pane when I just hover over an element.

For example, I could use it to display the source code in a separate pane when discovering a mondrian presentation.
I don't like to have too much popup with source code (it hides the visualization), and the benefit to have it in a separate pane is that you always now where to look.

(rambling from esug)

--
 Simon

Re: Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

jfabry

Good idea, would be of use for AspectMaps. So +1 on that question!

On 14 Sep 2010, at 11:28, Simon Denier wrote:

> I'm wondering how to use MouseEnter events from Mondrian (when I just move the mouse over an element)  in a Glamour presentation.
>
> I am not sure how to use it actually. There is an example in MoosePanel when the mouse overs a class in system complexity, class name is displayed in the status bar.
> It seems like I could perhaps read from the #status port?
>
> My idea is that I would like to be able to update a presentation in another pane when I just hover over an element.
>
> For example, I could use it to display the source code in a separate pane when discovering a mondrian presentation.
> I don't like to have too much popup with source code (it hides the visualization), and the benefit to have it in a separate pane is that you always now where to look.
>
> (rambling from esug)
>
> --
> Simon

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

Tudor Girba
Hi,

browser := GLMTabulator new.
browser column: #complexity; column: #source.
browser transmit to: #complexity; andShow: [:a |
        a mondrian
                painting: [:view :group | group viewSystemComplexityOn: view ]].
browser transmit to: #source; from: #complexity->#status; andShow: [:a |
        a text
                display: [:class | class sourceText ];
                when: [:class | class isKindOf: FAMIXClass ]].
browser openOn: MooseModel root allModels first allModelClasses)

Doru

On 14 Sep 2010, at 19:13, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Good idea, would be of use for AspectMaps. So +1 on that question!
>
> On 14 Sep 2010, at 11:28, Simon Denier wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering how to use MouseEnter events from Mondrian (when I just move the mouse over an element)  in a Glamour presentation.
>>
>> I am not sure how to use it actually. There is an example in MoosePanel when the mouse overs a class in system complexity, class name is displayed in the status bar.
>> It seems like I could perhaps read from the #status port?
>>
>> My idea is that I would like to be able to update a presentation in another pane when I just hover over an element.
>>
>> For example, I could use it to display the source code in a separate pane when discovering a mondrian presentation.
>> I don't like to have too much popup with source code (it hides the visualization), and the benefit to have it in a separate pane is that you always now where to look.
>>
>> (rambling from esug)
>>
>> --
>> Simon

> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

Simon Denier-3

Thank you very much Doru! Works great.

On 15 sept. 2010, at 11:20, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> browser := GLMTabulator new.
> browser column: #complexity; column: #source.
> browser transmit to: #complexity; andShow: [:a |
> a mondrian
> painting: [:view :group | group viewSystemComplexityOn: view ]].
> browser transmit to: #source; from: #complexity->#status; andShow: [:a |
> a text
> display: [:class | class sourceText ];
> when: [:class | class isKindOf: FAMIXClass ]].
> browser openOn: MooseModel root allModels first allModelClasses)
>
> Doru
>

> On 14 Sep 2010, at 19:13, Johan Fabry wrote:
>

>> Good idea, would be of use for AspectMaps. So +1 on that question!
>>
>> On 14 Sep 2010, at 11:28, Simon Denier wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering how to use MouseEnter events from Mondrian (when I just move the mouse over an element)  in a Glamour presentation.
>>>
>>> I am not sure how to use it actually. There is an example in MoosePanel when the mouse overs a class in system complexity, class name is displayed in the status bar.
>>> It seems like I could perhaps read from the #status port?
>>>
>>> My idea is that I would like to be able to update a presentation in another pane when I just hover over an element.
>>>
>>> For example, I could use it to display the source code in a separate pane when discovering a mondrian presentation.
>>> I don't like to have too much popup with source code (it hides the visualization), and the benefit to have it in a separate pane is that you always now where to look.
>>>
>>> (rambling from esug)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Simon

>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

 Simon

Re: Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

Alexandre Bergel
If there is anything I can do on this, let me know.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Using MouseEnter events from a Mondrian presentation in Glamour

jfabry

+1 on this as well :-) Cant test it now, taking a plane back home today, but I trust Simon's judgement ;-)