Using VW WebServices behind Apache or IIS?

1 message Options

Using VW WebServices behind Apache or IIS?

Winemiller, Chris

I have an application built on VW 7.5.  I will be enhancing it to be a web server, using the web services components described in the VW WebServices guide.

The WebServices guide has this intriguing sentence on page 19: “A VisualWorks HTTP server can be used in a stand-alone configuration or, for higher performance, behind a commercial server such as Apache or IIS.”  However, neither this guide nor the NetClientDevGuide has any other mention of configuration with Apache or IIS.

So: Has anyone successfully created a VW web services (WSDL) application that is configured for use with Apache or IIS?  If so, did you find any documentation to describe how to configure the VW software?

Chris