Using a resource file inside a .star package

Using a resource file inside a .star package

ZuLuuuuuu
Hello,

I have an application which uses an image as its icon. I included the image into the .star package I created for the application as:

<file>Resources/logo.png</file>

My question is, how can I refer to this file inside my source files? For example:

GtkWindow setDefaultIconFromFile: ???
Canol Gökel

Re: Using a resource file inside a .star package

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 08/26/2010 01:18 PM, ZuLuuuuuu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an application which uses an image as its icon. I included the image
> into the .star package I created for the application as:
>
> <file>Resources/logo.png</file>
>
> My question is, how can I refer to this file inside my source files? For
> example:
>
> GtkWindow setDefaultIconFromFile: ???

This is currently not possible because Gtk doesn't know about .star files.

Gtk bindings should provide its own implementation of
#setDefaultIconFromFile: that builds its own GdkPixbuf.  It's not hard
to do.

When this is done, you would do this as

GtkWindow setDefaultIconFromFile:
   (PackageLoader packageAt: 'YourPackage') / 'Resources/logo.png'

Note that VisualGST is already loading pixbufs from resources, so you
can take a look there as well.

Paolo