VA 8.0.0 install - APPCRASH on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

VA 8.0.0 install - APPCRASH on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Wayne Johnston
Is it a known problem that the VA 8.0.0 client installation blows up?  I get the following.  I see that ntdll.dll and additional information numbers elsewhere that hint of OS corruption, but I don't think that's the problem - and Windows Update and a reboot doesn't help.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: setup.exe_VA Smalltalk
  Application Version: 4.0.0.78
  Application Timestamp: 49d13cd6
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b96e
  Exception Code: c0000029
  Exception Offset: 0009052e
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.27
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: e8ad
  Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
  Additional Information 3: e8ad
  Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Re: VA 8.0.0 install - APPCRASH on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Marten Feldtmann-2
I mentioned in the old forum about problems do an installation of VA 8.0.3 on Windows7/64, but actually though the installation crashed I was able to use it - but it seemd to be an individual error.

Ah yes I see the posts there, most notably http://forums.instantiations.com/topic-12-2797.html