VA 8.5.1: Installation under Windows 7 crashing

VA 8.5.1: Installation under Windows 7 crashing

Marten Feldtmann-2
I just did a new installation of Windows 7 and installed VASmalltalk again (therefore its a totally new installation) and the installation crashed. It NOT the manager installation, its the client installation.

I've seen this now for several times and I think, that something is going wrong there. I noticed, that menu entries are created, but for example the "image851" directory has only two entries: abt.icx and abt.ini (and the abt.ini is filled with zero bytes.

Very, very strange ....

Re: VA 8.5.1: Installation under Windows 7 crashing

John O'Keefe-3
Marten -

There should be a couple log files in your temp directory -- client.nst and act_c.txt. Can you either post them here or email them to me?

John