VA 8.5 release

Gabriel Cotelli
Anybody knows the tentative release date for VA Smalltalk 8.5 ?

The instantiations page says "planned for August, 2011". I'm planning to switch the product codebase from VA 8.0.2 to VA 8.0.3, but if 8.5 will be available soon I will wait until the release.

Regards,
Gabriel

Re: VA 8.5 release

John O'Keefe
Gabriel -

We will be giving the V8.5 release date at ESUG in a couple weeks.  I would suggest waiting for V8.5 rather than starting an upgrade to V8.0.3 now.

John O'Keefe

Aw: Re: VA 8.5 release

Klaus Breker
Hello John,

where are the 60+ bugfixes an minor enhancements listed?

Regards

Klaus

Re: VA 8.5 release

Mike Taylor
Check out the readme file at http://www.instantiations.com/docs/readmes/readme.htm
under "Corrections and Enhancements" for the specific changes between
VA Smalltalk 8.0 and version 8/5.
Mike

On Aug 29, 7:26 am, Klaus Breker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> where are the 60+ bugfixes an minor enhancements listed?
>
> Regards
>
> Klaus

Aw: Re: VA 8.5 release

Marten Feldtmann-2
This lists has 39 entries and not 60+ entries

Re: Aw: Re: VA 8.5 release

John O'Keefe
We have never listed every fix and enhancement made in a release, only those fixes and inhancements that would be visible (and possibly affect) users.  So, in particular, several VM fixes are not listed. Also we have never explicitly listed documentation fixes (although it could be argued that we should list them). The number 60+ comes from counting the cases resolved in V8.5 which involved changes to product code or documentation.

John