[VA] Double Buffering

Geoff
Hello ,

Could someone please tell me how to do "double buffering" in VAST.
I have cross posted this to the Dolphin group since, if anyone there
knows how to do it in Dolphin, then maybe I can port it to VA.

I hopped to find someway of creating an offscreen drawable, but
have drawn a blank so far.

I have an Animated GIFF parser up and working and can
display the images, but it would look better if I could "double
buffer".

Many thanks
Ian

Re: [VA] Double Buffering

Greg Curfman
Check out the CommonGraphics examples in the map ENVY/Image Examples. Look
for code that sets up and manipulates "drawables".  The basic technique (as I
remember it... it's been a few years since I've done this) is to allocate the
drawable, write to it, and then execute a copy (bitblt?) command to move the
modified bits to the real window.

Good luck.

In article <[hidden email]>,
  [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> Could someone please tell me how to do "double buffering" in VAST.
> I have cross posted this to the Dolphin group since, if anyone there
> knows how to do it in Dolphin, then maybe I can port it to VA.
>
> I hopped to find someway of creating an offscreen drawable, but
> have drawn a blank so far.
>
> I have an Animated GIFF parser up and working and can
> display the images, but it would look better if I could "double
> buffer".
>
> Many thanks
> Ian

Greg Curfman