VA Small Talk 8.0 and 8.0.1

V Amareesh tej
Hi All,

We have these older versions (8.0 & 8.0.1) of VA Small Talk installed in our servers and currently only few have license for it to use.
We want to replicate the same old software and similar licensing in some other server instead of going for new versions and license considering some challenges.

Are these versions still available and still instantiations is supporting them?
And also with the existing license number, is it possible to get what type of licensing we opted for ?
Please throw me some light on this.

Thanks,
Amareesh

Re: VA Small Talk 8.0 and 8.0.1

Seth Berman
Greetings Amareesh,

Our sales team will be happy to answer all your questions and work with you on pricing any additional licenses you may need.
I saw you sent an email to them this morning, and they will provide you a response.

VA Smalltalk 8.x is supported by Instantiations.  We will dedicate engineering staff to fix bugs and solve integration issues that have
on the systems which those were certified to run on.

We "unofficially" support older versions of VA Smalltalk on newer systems which they were never tested
on by Instantiations and will solve your issues on a "best-effort" basis.  Though, I don't recall a single instance of a problem we couldn't
solve with our best-effort.

The base support package covers email support with 24-48 hour response times.  Your support request will be fulfilled in the order in which
it was queued.  Usually we beat 24 hours...but its a guaranteed time we provide in times where our support queue is very full.

If you need a higher level of service with regards to response time, more frequent conference calls, working with 3rd party vendors on your behalf,
and a higher level of engagement with your staff, please let Sales know and they can price that for you, as well.

If you need back-porting of newer features to older versions of 8.x, or new features and functionality, that would fall under our contracting services where an
Instantiations engineer will develop this specifically for you.

The product is licensed per developer.   (No fractional developers allowed:)
You can have multiple versions of VA Smalltalk running on any number of systems at no extra cost.
You can deploy VA Smalltalk applications any number of times at no extra cost.
Each team member touching the software must be licensed.
That is what covers our cost, primarily in our support channel,
and keeps us a healthy company so we can serve our customers better.

Hope this answers your immediate questions.
I think I already see that Sales has sent you a response.

Kind Regards,

- Seth

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 6:13:38 AM UTC-4, V Amareesh tej wrote:
Hi All,

We have these older versions (8.0 & 8.0.1) of VA Small Talk installed in our servers and currently only few have license for it to use.
We want to replicate the same old software and similar licensing in some other server instead of going for new versions and license considering some challenges.

Are these versions still available and still instantiations is supporting them?
And also with the existing license number, is it possible to get what type of licensing we opted for ?
Please throw me some light on this.

Thanks,
Amareesh

Re: VA Small Talk 8.0 and 8.0.1

V Amareesh tej
Hi Seth,

Thanks for the quick response.
I appreciate it. We will reach out to you and sales team ASAP upon further discussion with our team.

Thanks,
Amareesh