VA Smalltalk 8.0 and Seaside

drush66
Hello,

I have noticed that new VA 8.0beta is out, and materials claim that it supports Seaside.

Does anyone knows Seaside version that is supported and/or have some general impressionsabout quality of the Seaside support.

rush

Re: VA Smalltalk 8.0 and Seaside

Lukas Renggli
> I have noticed that new VA 8.0beta is out, and materials claim that it
> supports Seaside.

Yes, Seaside 2.9a3 works well on VA Smalltalk.

Follow the link on the front page of <http://www.seaside.st/>.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: VA Smalltalk 8.0 and Seaside

Jan van de Sandt
Hallo,

The new version 8 version of VA Smalltalk contains version 2.9alpha3 of Seaside. It also includes the Scriptaculos, JQuery and RSS Seaside extensions. Unfortunately continuations are not yet supported.

We use the beta version of VA to build a Seaside application. Our experiences were positive.

Jan.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Davorin Rusevljan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have noticed that new VA 8.0beta is out, and materials claim that it supports Seaside.

Does anyone knows Seaside version that is supported and/or have some general impressions about quality of the Seaside support.

rush

Re: VA Smalltalk 8.0 and Seaside

Giorgio Ferraris
HI,
for what I can see from official announcement, here is:

** Seaside 2.9 Core, jQuery, Scriptaculous, RSS, and a porting layer and development tools.

so seems 2.9

ciao

Giorgio

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Davorin Rusevljan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have noticed that new VA 8.0beta is out, and materials claim that it supports Seaside.

Does anyone knows Seaside version that is supported and/or have some general impressionsabout quality of the Seaside support.

rush

Re: VA Smalltalk 8.0 and Seaside

SebastianHC
Hi Davorin,

just in case you missed yesterdays VASummit 2009 webcasts sessions.

Since yesterday VASmalltalk 8.0 final version is out.
It contains the already named Seaside 2.9 alpha3 + additional packages.

There are a 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 planned with a release cycle of 4 to 6 Month
within.
At least 8.0.2 will contain as John named it Seaside 2.0 golden code.
Content of 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 will  amoung others be Glorp...

if you have more interest on Instantiations Seaside support just visit:

https://instantiations.webex.com/
<https://instantiations.webex.com/instantiations/onstage/g.php?d=664476708&t=a&EA=sebastian.heidbrink%40tricept.de&ET=0f00a42a1b0e0f2adb01397c841bd5ad&rId=158571>

to register todays webcasts.

you can submit additional questions, you might have, on the closing
Q&A  session today.

Cheers!
Sebastian

Davorin Rusevljan schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that new VA 8.0beta is out, and materials claim that it
> supports Seaside.
>
> Does anyone knows Seaside version that is supported and/or have some
> general impressionsabout quality of the Seaside support.
>
> rush
> http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: VA Smalltalk 8.0 and Seaside

SebastianHC
Sorry forget the second link,... copy/past/modify failure