VA Smalltalk 8.6.1 first impressions

Leo O.
Hi Instantiations,

First at all, congratulations because of this release, i just read the new features and bugs fixes and the list is very interesting.
Code Assist works excelent. SQLite is a good addon. And all the IDE feel faster.
I will see in deep on next days.
But i found an unimplemented selector on Seaside, I thinks this was a late break bug.
WAComponent lost #inform:onAnswer: and a lot of seaside tests does not work because of this.
Anyway, congratulations to all Instantiations Team.
Regards
Leo

Re: VA Smalltalk 8.6.1 first impressions

Long Haired David
I had a bit of trouble with 8.6,1. Once installed, the Environments widow couldn't start Smalltalk as it couldn't find abt.icx.icx or abt.ini.ini.

When I renamed bat.icx and bat.ini everything started correctly!

Once started, I liked the Code Assist. A good step forward. Not looked at much else yet.

David Pennington
Totally Objects - Still doing Smalltalk.

On Friday, November 14, 2014 11:21:19 AM UTC, Leo O. wrote:
Hi Instantiations,

First at all, congratulations because of this release, i just read the new features and bugs fixes and the list is very interesting.
Code Assist works excelent. SQLite is a good addon. And all the IDE feel faster.
I will see in deep on next days.
But i found an unimplemented selector on Seaside, I thinks this was a late break bug.
WAComponent lost #inform:onAnswer: and a lot of seaside tests does not work because of this.
Anyway, congratulations to all Instantiations Team.
Regards
Leo

David
Totally Objects