VA Smalltalk V8.6.3 Released!

Seth Berman
Greetings,

Instantiations is pleased to announce the availability of VA Smalltalk V8.6.3.
The new release can be downloaded now and includes many new features and improved functionality.

All VA Smalltalk customers who have active support subscriptions
can download the new release free of charge here.

What's New in Version 8.6.3?
  • Communications
    • IPV6 Support
  • Middleware
    • SQLite 3
  • Security
    • OpenSSL 1.1 Compatibility
    • Cryptographic Support
  • Native Interface Support Enhancements
    • Long Datatype Support
  • Installation
    • Headless Windows Installer
    • Solaris PKG Installer
    • Headless Importer
  • Updated OS Platforms
    • Ubuntu 16.10
    • Fedora 24
    • Red Hat Enterprise 7
  • VisualAge to VA Smalltalk Migration Guide
If you're not a current Instantiations customer you can try out our fully functional
evaluation version of VA Smalltalk free of charge here.

We hope you enjoy the new V8.6.3 release!

-- Seth Berman

Re: VA Smalltalk V8.6.3 Released!

Wayne Johnston
Woohoo!

Re: VA Smalltalk V8.6.3 Released!

Louis LaBrunda
WoohooToo!

Re: VA Smalltalk V8.6.3 Released!

Instantiations mailing list
I'm experiencing extremely laggy text input and text selection in 8.6.3. I upgraded from 8.6.1, so I don't know whether this behavior was weird in 8.6.2, too.
Does anybody else see this, or is it just me?

Cheers,
Hans-Martin