VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Marten Feldtmann-5
I assume, that the packaging error under Windows will never be removed: so the packaging process for a WBPro oriented application still crashes (and prevents output - to remeber: the packaging processes queries all OLE interfaces on the system and some of the interface do not behave as the ST code expects). Perhaps this will only be a case for developers having VisualStudio installed ... so mentioning WBPro is not quie right - its the OLE subsystem

VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Seth Berman
Hi Marten,

We can solve these issues pretty quickly, but I think we are not clear on exactly what packaging configuration and steps are needed to reproduce this.
Would you mind either sending something to Vast-support or otherwise some exact detail on how to reproduce.
We’ll be happy to fix

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Marten Feldtmann-5
it is still this one ...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/va-smalltalk/AJg2TOL9Aq8/l-oqjG1ZBAAJ;context-place=forum/va-smalltalk

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Marten Feldtmann-5
The original posting is from 2015 and John answered to it ... without giving a solution.

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Seth Berman
Thanks for the link Marten.
We’ll work on reproducing it and figure out what the issue is

- Seth

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Marten Feldtmann-5
The following classes are throwing the exceptions during packaging an OLE (WindowBuilder App) based application:

OSICLRMetaHost class
OSICLRRuntimeHost class
OSICLRRuntimeInfo class

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2018 18:09:22 UTC+2 schrieb Seth Berman:
Thanks for the link Marten.
We’ll work on reproducing it and figure out what the issue is

- Seth

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Seth Berman
Thanks Marten for the additional info.
We have someone actively looking at this.

- Seth

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 5:49:20 AM UTC-4, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
The following classes are throwing the exceptions during packaging an OLE (WindowBuilder App) based application:

OSICLRMetaHost class
OSICLRRuntimeHost class
OSICLRRuntimeInfo class

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2018 18:09:22 UTC+2 schrieb Seth Berman:
Thanks for the link Marten.
We’ll work on reproducing it and figure out what the issue is

- Seth

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Seth Berman
Hi Marten,

A couple of issues.

The first is...these classes are not familiar to anyone on the team.
I've loaded all features and windowbuilder...and I don't see these.
Is this Instantiations code?  Looks like .Net interop.  Can you help me locate these?

OSICLRMetaHost class
OSICLRRuntimeHost class
OSICLRRuntimeInfo class

The second is if this gets more involved...we're going to need to move this to our case tracking system
which is how we handle support.  The best thing to do is send an email to [hidden email]
and that gives an opportunity for our whole team to collaborate and historically track this issue.

- Seth

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:15:13 AM UTC-4, Seth Berman wrote:
Thanks Marten for the additional info.
We have someone actively looking at this.

- Seth

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 5:49:20 AM UTC-4, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
The following classes are throwing the exceptions during packaging an OLE (WindowBuilder App) based application:

OSICLRMetaHost class
OSICLRRuntimeHost class
OSICLRRuntimeInfo class

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2018 18:09:22 UTC+2 schrieb Seth Berman:
Thanks for the link Marten.
We’ll work on reproducing it and figure out what the issue is

- Seth

Re: VA91 - Packing Error under Windows ...

Marten Feldtmann-5
Apologize, Apologize, Apologize

its my faulty code and its has been my faulty code for years now which produces this package error ....

The classes below are indeed my own classes I once wrote for a windows extension to communicate with .NET - I did not follow the protocals VASmalltalk suggests for the OSI* classes on windows side ...

Marten

Am Montag, 6. August 2018 18:08:26 UTC+2 schrieb Seth Berman:
Hi Marten,

A couple of issues.

The first is...these classes are not familiar to anyone on the team.
I've loaded all features and windowbuilder...and I don't see these.
Is this Instantiations code?  Looks like .Net interop.  Can you help me locate these?

OSICLRMetaHost class
OSICLRRuntimeHost class
OSICLRRuntimeInfo class

The second is if this gets more involved...we're going to need to move this to our case tracking system
which is how we handle support.  The best thing to do is send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="qI4LZzxnDgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">vast-s...@instantiations.com
[...]

No worries.  Glad to hear the mystery has been solved!:)

-- Seth