VAST 6.0.2 Directory Structure

Matthew Boulter
Hello everyone,
       I am Product Manager on a large ERP system with the client written in Smalltalk, specifically VAST v6.0.2.
The product has been developed over the last 20+ years and sadly there are no original developers left and they
left behind little documentation.

I like to understand all of the various files that are packaged with our client.
I've looked through the IBM redbooks I've found online but found nothing satisfactory yet.

Does anyone know of somewhere that explains all of the files that are necessary for a VAST client and what they do.

For example:

abtbmp50.dll
abtcldef.dtd
abtico50.dll
abtln40.dll
abtlnico.dll
abtpay60.dll
abtprc60.dll
abtschem.map
Abtvci40.dll
Abtvme40.dll
abtvmf40.dll
abtvof40.dll
Abtvos40.dll
Abtvst40.dll
abtvxt40.dll
Abtwci40.dll
Abtwos40.dll
abtxmap.dtd

Plus all of many others.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Matthew.

Re: VAST 6.0.2 Directory Structure

Marten Feldtmann-5
You may find the information while comparing it with the current version
at:

http://www.instantiations.com/docs/FAQ/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=va02005.html

The same information is also available in the 6.0.2 version documentation.

Marten

Re: VAST 6.0.2 Directory Structure

Marten Feldtmann-5
Or e.g. in the printed documentation of 4.0 in "VisualAge Smalltalk", "User Guide", Chapter 10. Packaging your VisualAge application", "Redistribution VisualAge files" at page 158

Re: VAST 6.0.2 Directory Structure

dmacq
Hi Matthew,

Can you tell us a bit more about what you are trying to do and what you need presently?

Donald [|]