VAST 8.5: CodeAssist and ScriptManager do not work together

VAST 8.5: CodeAssist and ScriptManager do not work together

Marten Feldtmann-2
CodeAssist throws an exception in the ScriptManager

Re: VAST 8.5: CodeAssist and ScriptManager do not work together

Seth Berman
Hi Marten,

Thank you for finding this. The inheritance hierarchy is somewhat unfortunate for MedScriptManager as I wouldn't really classify it as a method browser, and so it receives an inappropriate code assist context.  In the meantime, you can fix this by adding the following 2 methods to MedScriptManager

MedScriptManager>>caProvideContextFor: aContentAssistant
       ^StsCodeAssistWorkspaceContext on: self

MedScriptManager>>caWorkspaceVariableType: aName
^nil

Thanks again for finding this...I will be sure to include a fix for this in the next release.

-- Seth