VAST 9.0 application in 64-bit does not close

VAST 9.0 application in 64-bit does not close

Klaus Breker-2
Hello,

we have difference in behaviour between 32 - and 64-bit images of VAST 9.0. When we close our stripped runtime application, then the view closes but the application still resides in the tasklist of Windows. When I try to delete the application exe or the virtual machine, I cannot delete them. ok.. the program is still running. I can generate a lot of this processes. I have to kill the process from the system to really end them.

Some behaviour with the development image. If I close the development image without starting our application, then no process (abt.exe) remains in the system.
No problem with 32-bit runtime - and development image.

How can I close our application, so that no process remains in memory? Our app's main window is a subclass of #AbtAppBldrView.

Kind regards

Klaus

Re: VAST 9.0 application in 64-bit does not close

Seth Berman
Hello Klaus,

I would recommend sending in a support case for this issue.
This would most likely need to be reproduced or at least attach a (gdb) debugger to it to
get a sense of what its doing at close.

-- Seth