VAST Platform 2021 is here — plus a new website with an updated brand too

VAST Platform 2021 is here — plus a new website with an updated brand too

Seth Berman
Greetings Everyone,

VAST 2021 is here!

We've also updated our brand and website. Check it out at: instantiations.com.

If you'd like to read more about why we made this change, and where we are as a company, read the short article I wrote for our "News" section:

https://www.instantiations.com/news/constant-refinement-continuing-progress/

- Seth

Re: VAST Platform 2021 is here — plus a new website with an updated brand too

Wayne Johnston
Very nice web site.  May I ask - what does the logo represent?

Re: VAST Platform 2021 is here — plus a new website with an updated brand too

gschultz
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your kind words!

I normally don't have much to add on this forum since I'm only a hobbyist developer at best, but I wanted to introduce myself to you, and the forum, as head of marketing at Instantiations.

When your question about the logo came up, I figured I'd jump in and answer:

In short, the icon within our new logo is a simplified and abstracted hot air balloon.

Like the logo that came before it, we wanted to maintain our connection to VAST (and Smalltalk), but this time do it in a new way that felt like it had evolved -- much like VAST has been evolving and progressing for years.

The 3 rings that form the abstract balloon represent the 3 incarnations of Instantiations over the past 30 years. They all overlap to represent the continuity of company founders and employees throughout these different phases of Instantiations history. Without their efforts, Instantiations wouldn't be where it is today, and this aspect of the logo is a tribute to their accomplishments.

-Greg

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 10:02:40 AM UTC-5 [hidden email] wrote:
Very nice web site.  May I ask - what does the logo represent?

Re: VAST Platform 2021 is here — plus a new website with an updated brand too

jtuchel
Hey,

another great and exciting update in this rapid story. It's been a ride since 8.6, in the most possible positive sense.
I hope to find the time to upgrade soon.  There are quite a few interesting features in this one, like SMTP improvements and the OSProcess framework. Both are being awaited here eagerly ;-)

Kudos for the new website and branding. It will take some time to get used to the "another blue balls logo" in the smalltalk market, but it looks good!

Joachim

[hidden email] schrieb am Montag, 1. März 2021 um 21:27:04 UTC+1:
Congratulations, can't wait to play with it.

Lou

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 9:37:39 AM UTC-5 Seth Berman wrote:
Greetings Everyone,

VAST 2021 is here!

We've also updated our brand and website. Check it out at: instantiations.com.

If you'd like to read more about why we made this change, and where we are as a company, read the short article I wrote for our "News" section:

https://www.instantiations.com/news/constant-refinement-continuing-progress/

- Seth

Re: VAST Platform 2021 is here — plus a new website with an updated brand too

Klaus Breker-2
Hi,

I like the look and feel of the new web site.. especially this animated balls.
But.. what should the company I'm working has to do to mention on the first page ;-)

Greetings
Klaus