VBA not releasing COM objects

1 message Options

VBA not releasing COM objects

Dan Rozenfarb
Hi,
Though this is my first post, I have been following this newsgroup for
quite some time now and I am delighted with this community and OA's
product.

Now on to my problem.
I have found myself in the same situation as Udo Schneider when he
posted this:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=udo+com+newbie&hl
=es&lr=&group=comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin&selm=a17q
rp%24oe1lb%241%40ID-88021.news.dfncis.de&rnum=2

(The two newlines are mine)

In other words.  I have set up a *very* simple out-of-process COM
Server and use VBA or JScript to access it.  They never release it and
my .exe remains in memory forever even after the script ended.

I've been told there is a windows' registry setting that defines a
timeout for caching com servers and keeping them in memory.  I don't
find any such registry entry.  However I doubt it's the one to blame
here, since my server is up for *many* hours now and it keeps waiting
for release, and thus it should be a looong timeout setting.

Any help or advise will be appreciated.  And speed will be appreciated
even more since I am in a hurry :)

Best Regards and thanks,
Dan

PS: Udo, have you solved it?  How?