VC: Can't delete composingView

Steve Alan Waring
In the ViewComposer, I can't delete (or cut) the composingView.

Is this intentional? Methods like #removeView: etc seem to be able to
handle the composingView case, but the commands are not enabled.

I want to create a new view resource for my presenter with my own view
as the "root" view, and I don't want to mutate the default
containerView.

I changed ViewComposer>>queryCommand: to enable #clearSelection,
deleted the container, dismissed the walkback in #undoState, and was
then able to add my own container.

Thanks,
Steve
--
Steve Waring

Re: Can't delete composingView

Blair McGlashan-4
<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> In the ViewComposer, I can't delete (or cut) the composingView.
>
> Is this intentional? Methods like #removeView: etc seem to be able to
> handle the composingView case, but the commands are not enabled.
>
> I want to create a new view resource for my presenter with my own view
> as the "root" view, and I don't want to mutate the default
> containerView.
>
> I changed ViewComposer>>queryCommand: to enable #clearSelection,
> deleted the container, dismissed the walkback in #undoState, and was
> then able to add my own container.

I think it was deliberate, because the undo/redo mechanism couldn't handle
it, although this is easily fixed up I think. Anyway it will be sorted in
the next patch level.

Thanks

Blair