VC How do you move things outside of a Container

VC How do you move things outside of a Container

Tim M
I have put some radio buttons inside a ContainerView. I am not convinced
that in D6 the container view is required (actually I don't understand how
radio buttons behave - removing isGroupStop and putting them in a GroupBox.Default
seems to give single selection behavior?

Anyway - to try this I want to drag my radio buttons outside of the Container
but I can't see how to easily do this? It seems I have to drag each item
1 by 1 to the Dialog box (which in my case is way up the top of the list).
However if I can't see the Dialog container (i.e. there is a scroll bar)
then it seems you are a bit stuck - you have to move the container up the
tree until its close to the dialogbox so you can do this operation.

(Which then seems to put the items at the end of the list so you then have
to drag them back up to the position you want?

Is this how its supposed to work - or am I missing a trick?

Tim

Re: VC How do you move things outside of a Container

Blair
"macta" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
>I have put some radio buttons inside a ContainerView. I am not convinced
>that in D6 the container view is required (actually I don't understand how
>radio buttons behave - removing isGroupStop and putting them in a
>GroupBox.Default seems to give single selection behavior?

I'd imagine you've sorted this out by now, but the
RadioButton/RadioButtonSetPresenter class comments do go some way to
explaining this. You should use a RadioButtonSetPresenter connected to a
container view to host the RadioButtons. RadioButtonSetPresenter's own
default view is a good place to start because it is correctly pre-populated
as an example. Note that only the first RadioButton has #isGroupStop set.

You can use RadioButtons outside a RadioButtonSetPresenter, and Windows will
maintain a single selection within a group, but that is a harder way to go.
The implementation of RadioButtonSetPresenter itself should help you here.

Note that the buttons do have to sit within some kind of parent window for
the isGroupStop stuff to work, and note further that GroupBox is not
actually a container, just a visual decorator.

Regards

Blair