VM Crash

Dmitry Zamotkin
Here is a small test that lead to VM crash in Dolphin 6.02:

r := RandomCRT new.
100000 timesRepeat: [ (r next negated asFraction/10) asInteger ]

Dolphin 5 stays alive.

Dmitry Zamotkin

Re: VM Crash

Dmitry Zamotkin
And does not crash with an intermediate #asFloat message:

r := RandomCRT new.
100000 timesRepeat: [ (r next negated asFraction/10) asFloat asInteger
]

Dmitry Zamotkin

Re: VM Crash

Blair
"Dmitry Zamotkin" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> And does not crash with an intermediate #asFloat message:
>
> r := RandomCRT new.
> 100000 timesRepeat: [ (r next negated asFraction/10) asFloat asInteger
> ]

This appears to be a bug in the VM large integer division primitive. You can
reproduce it more simply as follows:

u := -2**63-1.
v := 2**96-1.
u quo: v. "Bang!"

We'll fix this in the forthcoming release.

Regards

Blair

Re: VM Crash

Dmitry Zamotkin
Blair wrote:
> We'll fix this in the forthcoming release.

Thanks!
Dmitry