VM Crash

Dan Norton
Load Cuis4.2-2439.image. Open File List and go to Packages.
Select Graphics-Files-Additional.pck.st and click on "Install Package".

Get "Fatal VM Error". The zipped crash.dmp is attached.

 - Dan

crash.zip (5K) Download Attachment

Re: VM Crash

Juan Vuletich-4
On 8/2/2015 10:24 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
Load Cuis4.2-2439.image. Open File List and go to Packages.
Select Graphics-Files-Additional.pck.st and click on "Install Package".

Get "Fatal VM Error". The zipped crash.dmp is attached.

 - Dan

I can not reproduce it. Can you reproduce it consistently? Can you reproduce it consistently with a fresh image and VM on a local hard drive? If so, please provide more details so I can reproduce it.

It seems to be a stack overflow. If you can reproduce it, you can try again, and after Install Package do alt+. (User Interrupt) and try to find out why there is an unbounded recursion.

Thanks,
Juan Vuletich

Re: VM Crash

Dan Norton
On 3 Aug 2015 at 15:57, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> On 8/2/2015 10:24 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
>     Load Cuis4.2-2439.image. Open File List and go to Packages.
>     Select Graphics-Files-Additional.pck.st and click on "Install
> Package".
>
>     Get "Fatal VM Error". The zipped crash.dmp is attached.
>
>      - Dan
>

> I can not reproduce it. Can you reproduce it consistently? Can you
> reproduce it consistently with a
> fresh image and VM on a local hard drive? If so, please provide more
> details so I can reproduce it.
>
> It seems to be a stack overflow. If you can reproduce it, you can
> try again, and after Install
> Package do alt+. (User Interrupt) and try to find out why there is
> an unbounded recursion.

The problem occurs with cogwin-15.28.3410. It is consistent and will not yield to alt+. .

The problem does not occur with cogwin-15.27.3397.

These runs were done on Windows 7.

 - Dan

Re: VM Crash

Juan Vuletich-4
On 8/4/2015 10:22 PM, Dan Norton wrote:

> On 3 Aug 2015 at 15:57, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>
>> On 8/2/2015 10:24 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
>>      Load Cuis4.2-2439.image. Open File List and go to Packages.
>>      Select Graphics-Files-Additional.pck.st and click on "Install
>> Package".
>>
>>      Get "Fatal VM Error". The zipped crash.dmp is attached.
>>
>>       - Dan
>>

>> I can not reproduce it. Can you reproduce it consistently? Can you
>> reproduce it consistently with a
>> fresh image and VM on a local hard drive? If so, please provide more
>> details so I can reproduce it.
>>
>> It seems to be a stack overflow. If you can reproduce it, you can
>> try again, and after Install
>> Package do alt+. (User Interrupt) and try to find out why there is
>> an unbounded recursion.
>>
> The problem occurs with cogwin-15.28.3410. It is consistent and will not yield to alt+. .
>
> The problem does not occur with cogwin-15.27.3397.
>
> These runs were done on Windows 7.
>
>   - Dan

Yes. Same here. Use
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3370/cogwin-15.22.3370.zip
. About a week ago I reported another problem with later releases of Cog
to VM-Dev. Still, without luck.

Juan Vuletich