VM File "visual.exe" for 7.3.1 Reported as Trojan

VM File "visual.exe" for 7.3.1 Reported as Trojan

Runar Jordahl
The VM executable "visual.exe" for VisualWorks Windows 7.3.1 is
reported as a trojan in the following anti-virus program:

VIPRE
Software version: 4.0.3907
Engine version: 3.9.2453.2
Signature definition version: 7011

A customer reported this problem. I have not tested it myself:

"Visual.exe gets quarantined when either being scanned or by the
active detection when it is accessed by either running it or upon
installation. It detects as LooksLike.Win32.Malware!E.

We have the heuristics turned up high which may be causing the problem."

I checked the MD5 of the customer's file (which is
d4d02df29e992b9b505dcc9d5b4d3c8a) and it matches our MD5.

Cincom might want to test this with newer VMs on Windows.

Kind regards
Runar Jordahl

Windows' svchost.exe quarintined by McAfee --- BSOD after rebooting

Andres Valloud-6
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68780